Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

13 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

sweet. Cheers.

Now I can see why small trucks under 6000kg are so popular....

My man say it's no drama, the deck itself wouldn't need anything, but any load anchors need certing. This is all about the load path and how the tie into the chassis so best to get Lance to guide you on that one.

• Like 1

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, anglia4 said:

Dave was going to train me to be a certifier, but then I knocked up my wife and we ran away to Taranaki.

hell- I read that wrong at first and thought you'd typed that dave had knocked up your wife!...

• Haha 3

Just now, ThePog said:

My man say it's no drama, the deck itself wouldn't need anything, but any load anchors need certing. This is all about the load path and how the tie into the chassis so best to get Lance to guide you on that one.

sweet. I'll chat to lance or dave about that.

Noticed that the current cert on the rope rails had expired in 2009. Obviously wasnt a concern at the time we took it in for its cof because it was a house then, welded to the deck.

The fella at vtnz had told me we could've built the house from balsa wood and glue and so long as it fell within the size constaints and windows were toughened or covered they'd not be fussed- its just a load.

• 3 months later...

I do like Bedfords but not the rl shape. I'll pass thanks. 

One thing I need to check is the height of the deck. The fire truck sits so bloody high. Might not allow the full height we want in the living space...especially because I need to factor in the popout sliders and strength below and above such a massive hole in the side. 

Such fun. I see many coffee/other drug fuelled scribbles in my drawing pad taking place over the next few months. 

1 hour ago, yoeddynz said:

There's one sitting here in Motueka. Been there ages. I imagine @Slacker_Sam. Knows what the deal is with it.

But yeah.. A bit too small and least fine I drove my series 2  i owned any distance it killed my legs. Wasn't comfy. 

Interesting....

I'm rebuilding the doors with new skins for one that has gone down south.

Detroit powered TM? 

But seriously, I saw a Nissan Condor the other day, 7 metre flat deck, nice and low to the ground, might have been one of those small wheel jobbies I think. I’ve seen some Mitsi/Fuso trucks that are long and low too, often not big $.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evan said:

You’ve got to go get this now.

image.jpeg.88547be4370b989776031023fe938c06.jpeg

I do really love the look of that truck. But I don't see it being a realistic easy to get along with truck to drive about, work on, get parts, cheap to run etc like a classic 80's Japanese truck is.  Oh plus its a 6x4 and I only have my class 2

For the truck- probably looking around 10-12k max. But paying less means more money for the conversion. We only paid $6500 for our current Hino but that was a bargain - even at the time. Most likely because the old boy had only listed it in the buy sell swap and not on TM. Great price considering we saw the receipts for a full engine rebuild by nelson truck services to the tune of circa 10K!

Luckily there is no rush to find the right truck.

I do love the look of this one down south. Its older and english but low mileage ex fire service....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/trucks/flat-deck/listing/2803760177?bof=kgahRUQ2

Screenshot_2020-10-16 Commer RG13 Trade Me Motors.png

• Like 3