paint stripper clean up?

rob.121

wanting to do some paint stripping on my inner door panels before i por15 them.

Just wondering on what the best mehod of clean up is after all the paint has been scraped off?

The label on the stripper sugests to wash down with water to remove the excess after stripping the paint then wipe down with turps after. the guy in the paint department i brought it from thinks this is ok

i have since been told by a painter that water is a big no no as the metal will be contaminated, he suggested to lightly scrub down with thinners & a wire wool pad followed by a final wipe down with this de oxidiser stuff you mix 50 50 with water (cant remember the name).

what is the tried and tested mehod? i dont want to have the metal rusting away under the por15, however was thinking water may be part of the chemical reaction to neutralise the excess.

I wipe up anything left with a rag first then give it a good scrub with meths and a 3m scouring pad then wipe with a clean rag, then spray down with brakleen and wipe with another clean rag then put on metal ready per instructions. haven't actually painted it with por15 yet though but I don't anticipate any problems. if it looks like there is some crap redidue left I would just sand or wirewheel it before applying the paint.

the deoxidizer is probably phosphoric acid or something similar. the metal ready prep stuff is very similar as it some kind of zinc phosphate mix.