Seedy Al's Brown Crown

Goat

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So interested to see how this 3V goes in. I quickly have dummied this up and to me theres about an inch for the headers to live between head and chassis, the steering box is where the starter wants to live, and with a carb and air cleaner on top I doubt you'd be able to close the bonnet?

Edit: Looks like your starters on the other side?

Sweet dude cut that sump off and fold up a cardboard one, then get sheet metal dudes to bend up for beers. I had no sump on mine when playing and TBH where I wanted it to sit it the front pulley was pretty much mashing the crossmember? but a little notch would sort that? even with that do you think that air cleaner will be high??

Also whats your oil filter like? I scored a remote setup as the factory one wanted to live in the chassis.

Rack and pinion is pretty simple for these bad boys. Ill try find the pics. Basically use commy gear and make some brackets that bolt to the chassis, then UJ to siut factory steering column.

Logs all day for the exhausts too bro, its the only way. As long as they are big enough not to choke it who cares

Please make 2 of everything for me and i'll trade you a big block 5v cheers

EDIT: shit KY those are dope

yeah totally forgot about the oil filter. Would any after market remote oil filter kit work you think? and yeah pully may be a little bit of an issue but unsure as of yet.

But yes, i am totally keen to convert to rack and poinion, so if you can find the stuff on how to i Will. Would make life heaps easier. as for sump, will be pretty easy for what i need to do I think, but anyway, group of company's i work for includes a sweet sheet metal place, so can get them to do something. great times haha, as for air cleaner, will work, just not with the fucken massive one with flames that my car came with. So, will probabaly rock a triangle Ramflo to match the sweet steeze of the car haha

And holy shit yes those wheels are so meek

Allan

Um I think so man, I can bring mine down and you could use it until I need it (ie ages) or you sort something? Even with it on I think the filter still may be a bitch. I has going to look at cutting down a spare oil pump housing and seeing if it was possible to tap some fittings in there to tuck shit right out of the way.

na wont need to borrow it buddy will sort something out.

So looks like I will get me a VN commador rack and pinion with arms etc and see what I can come up with. Had a look around an the net and that is all i have been able to find out, but no pics, so keen for those if you find them at some stage, No point in doing all the guess work if it has been done already.

With the box out of the way then yes Log manifolds will probably be pretty easy, aslong as i can get them past the starter and linkages.

Fuck I am excited about this, first proper engine conversion I have done in freaken ages

Allan

R&P conversion sounds like a good solution. I like the feel of them much better than old steering boxes. Opels came out box, while Holden came out R&P and the conversion is carried out frequently when dumping a dirty 8 into an Opel. Obviously more straight forward within the same family, but just proves that theres nothing too difficult about ripping the Holden gear out and throwing it into something else.

Its a pitty the late model Crizzles stayed with steering box, would be very straight forward if you could just grab the gear out of a UZ one of them and throw it in/entire chassis.

• 2 weeks later...