JR's V8 Capri

JR

looking good dude, I like what you've done with ya sump, following the whole keep it simple stupid philosophy, what sorta volume have you gone for? are you solid mounting your engine? mines kinda ground to a halt again, I've discovered the freedom of 4x4's and gone and bought a range rover 8)

Hey Skinner, Ill put some pics up on oldschool tonight, If I can figure out how.

Thanks Rich, yeah with the sump I just milled the old one down and a really good bugger at work made the rest of it up for me. I havnt got baffles in it yet, not quite sure what im going to do there.

Yeah its more or less solid mounted, What you guys recon about that? Im planning on making a similar chassis brace to you Rich.

Oh yeah its 5.2L... the sump that is, also running a oil cooler which should help, what is your one rich? 4.5 is factory I believe but il be running a little hotter... forced induction, so hopefully the extra oil and the cooler will compensate ok.

Cheers man, I was hoping to run the the exhaust under the extractors, with the left turbos exhaust running down the right hand side (if that makes sense), but theres just not enough room so im going to run it above the manifold. It might look a little funny but iv got to get it back there some how. Any ideas?

whoa dude.. that's mean.. real mean..

A V8 in a capri is bloody quick without turbos! that's gonna be killer. :twisted:

We should def cruise sometime it would look mean with twin black v8 capris but I'll have to put that blower on now just to keep up with you.

Haha yeah man for sure! Im building mine up in Blenheim but once its finnished I think it will live in chch. Im really keen to have a look at yours next time im in chch. Your cell number still the same as it was about 2 years ago?

I'm pretty sure you don't want the gearbox output to be perfectly inline with the diff flange, as it creates a harmonic vibration or something if the UJ's aren't bending to some degree. Basically your driveshaft is going to be slightly off to the side for the diff input flange anyway, and it's going to travel up and down to some degree with the rear suspension travel.

I'm pretty sure you don't want the gearbox output to be perfectly inline with the diff flange, as it creates a harmonic vibration or something if the UJ's aren't bending to some degree. Basically your driveshaft is going to be slightly off to the side for the diff input flange anyway, and it's going to travel up and down to some degree with the rear suspension travel.

Right, It makes sense that it doesn't have to be perfectly in line since it is constantly moving. Thanks. I guess ill just have it pointing in the general direction as close as I can. Cheers!