davidians 2121 Niva

mikuni

from the year 2121? thats ultra modern. nah but its fucken cool though!

can it go much lower than where it sits now? have much travel etc?

thats about the only pre-photoshop I've even seen that actually somewhat resembles the (partially) finished product

edit: except for bonnet vent. I kind of thought that was a joke at first but it still seems to be there in the last pictures??

yes, the scoop, ahem, it hides a hole hacked in the bonnet after release cable failed. only style i could find on short notice, tilts etc.

yes it can go lower. quite a bit, at least in the back. front shocks would need to be shortened, maxed out now on a 200mm spring, so spring mount would need looking at in order not to lose any more height on the spring, i dont think i'd want to go less than 200.

its kinda made to be bagged tbh.

could do lower profiles but the gearing would be shyte. choice of bigger rims is almost non-existant for s/h. would like to come across a wrecked new vitara for 17s but thats not going to happen.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a feeling that a Peugeot/Citroen Diesel (XUD9) bolts right into these and you use a Sherpa/DAF geabox (for RWD only)

If I have my thinking cap on right that would mean you can bolt an Mi16 motor (XU9) into one of these through a DAF gearbox although the ratios could be up the shit - not sure if the box would handle an Mi though..

Would ACTUALLY be choice if you did though....

AFAIK - XUD and XU are the same external casting and engine mounts etc

Campylotractor will put me right though...

lol cheers for the comments

i plan to hold onto the transfer case for the time being and bolt an alien motor/box to it. seems really doable without measuring things up. cunty part is going to be the electricals and all the side bits. we'll see. Interesting on the Peugoeot/citro stuff tho, ill have to file that one

still keen on graphics tho Beaver, a couple of halfass stenciled cars wont steer me away (no offence meant). i'm thinking a nice bitmap (dot) one but yet to decide on one.

Mint to see someone else shaggin around with a Lada! I had a 2105 Riva with a Fiat twin-cam in it for a while...

If you're going down the transplant route, SR20's are a nice easy proposition. I know a geezer in Auckland who's just dropped one in his Niva, using whatever Nissan 5-speed that came from the donor Silvia... Food for thought.

I have a feeling that a Peugeot/Citroen Diesel (XUD9) bolts right into these and you use a Sherpa/DAF geabox (for RWD only)

If I have my thinking cap on right that would mean you can bolt an Mi16 motor (XU9) into one of these through a DAF gearbox although the ratios could be up the shit - not sure if the box would handle an Mi though..

deffo not bolt in!

deffo not bolt in!

http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... 18&t=24689

they did come with an xud pug engine in some markets. the LDV trans might work with a divorced transfer case/just go 2wd but that's have ham ratios if it's not hooked to a diesel, maybe.

also, i was told once that there's a certain ford box that bolts to pug shit. could be the go. as always though it's a much better option to slam something jap in there

also, i was told once that there's a certain ford box that bolts to pug shit. could be the go.

MK2 Granada used Peugeot diesel engines (the engines from 504/505s), think Sierras also came with a 2.3L Pug diesel, so I would guess it would be the box from one of them.

+ finding, buying then shipping a diesel sierra box from the UK would be costly too

/Think they still used the same T9 box as other Sierras, still wouldn't be that easy to find a diesel bellhousing these days + I don't know what clutch/flywheel etc they used.

• 5 weeks later...