ca18det?

FLAWLES

YES!

This weekend passed I picked up a FWD DET and noticed.

-The Alternator is on the opposite side

-The Cam covers are different

-The Head is different, because,

-Some have ONE single coil pack with leads, as opposed to coil over plug and plugged into loom setup on other DE/T's. Meaning that they dont have the mounting holes for the coil pack cradle.

-Loom is completely different

-ECU different (unconfirmed, but plugs on loom werent the same as my DE/Ts

-Intake Plenum has different hoses, holes etc. But throttle body and opposite end are exchangable,

-Fuel rail Different

-Fan pulley is non existant, and belts are different.

-Main Crank Pulley has no A/C runner (handy as for RWD, gives you an extra inch clearance!

Etc.

Weve bought another RWD DE engine just to make this one useable :rolleyes:

mmmm

so the alt brackets are in diff places as well

not to worried about the head now (just found a det rwd one ) its more the block/crank/rods/pistons im concerned about

as the engine that we have has got a stuffed head, and damaged rings,

so do you know of the ff block will bolt up to the rwd engine mounts? and i am also asuming you have to change over water pump assemblys

It would seem that the blocks are the same in the mounting department.

The alternator bracket is bolted on through the waterpump housing, so id imagine you would want RWD items for both.

I use a GMB W/P, but have not run the engine yet.

sweet thats exactly what i needed to here

i will just use everything off the old block and put onto this new block

hope it all works out

while we are on this topis , i need poeple who have pulled apart de and det's to tell me if the de's have oil squirters because i have come acroos some rather conflicting info the the net re the squirters and the crank gridle .

Some of the later DE motors did have gridles. I bought a Ca18det in bits for a box of woodies that had had the girdle given away to a guy with an early det that had none. Then I got the girdle from a late DE.

all pies motors had girdles but no oil squirters , however i had two other fucked ones i aquired and scrapped that had no turbo and one had oil squirters .. dont remember the sump being any different or anything??. meh its gones now .. wish i kept the block