anglia4's anglia zetec

anglia4

Most of the time I hate it haha. 

I want to drive it so bad which makes it quite disappointing that it probably won't see the road for another 5 years haha

I told the mrs the other night that I'm going to set a goal. I want to be racing it successfully in 2 years time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Alex said this earlier:

You need to take it for a spin Jeff. Then we sort a Ford badged kl for the Anglia :-)

And it got me thinking... (My wife always gets worries when I say "I've been thinking")

It looks like these engines are a real tidy wee package and poke out a few more horsies than a standard zetec straight out of the box.

I pinched some measurements from Yoeddy's build thread and threw together a quick model to see how it would fit.
Looks like a bloody nice fit, supercharger might poke through the hood though... dunno if I like that.

Kv61_zps98361131.png

Kv62_zpsca7bd3fa.pngKv63_zps31911d0c.png

• 6 months later...

Put the rack behind the crossmember and run the struts swapped left and right?

Not sure how that would effect the angle of the steering arm through the range of motion but that sounds easier to rectify with custom steering arms rather than moving the firewall and losing all the footwell.

• Like 1

Putting the rack at the back is a good option for a couple of reasons, but would still put the rack through the block :(

Custom arms does seem like the obvious choice. I'll have a yarn with my cert man and see if he knows any good ways to achieve it.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

No, I haven't made any progress on this for a long time.

Which has got me thinking...

I'm toying with the idea of forgetting about the whole powered by Ford thing. The Zetec conversion is going to need so much custom stuff that I can't really be bothered with, flywheel, water rail, sump, Manifolds, EFI etc etc.

So I'm thinking about trying a Beams + 6 speed conversion instead. The idea would be to try and do it with a standard loom, computer, manifolds etc. I haven't checked to see if it will fit yet but have got some dimensions off the net to check.

Tell me why this might be a bad idea?

The gear box is heaps better on the beams, it is also much bigger than a type 9 (which is what ill assume you would want to run behind a zetec?), the head is also better on the beams. Zetec Is much cheaper though.

I'd have to say the sr route as well, for simple cost effectiveness, and a clear path for improvement.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...