• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was my wife's cousin's child's first birthday party during the weekend up in Auckland so naturally I got some pressies  :badgrin:

AF40CF40-1B1D-49E5-B1E6-BDDA5C52F74E_zps

I scored the Kumho semi-slicks from trademe and when I picked them up, it turned out to be from Shaneo. Cheers mate!

Earlier in the day I decided it was a good opportunity to break my Zebra virginity while we were in the big city. So I picked a whole rear end from an R33 skyline, two sets of seat rails, 2 bonnet catches and a throttle body.

I'll mod the seat rails to fit my bucket seats, and because they are fixed back, I'm going to hinge the front and mod the bonnet catches to latch the back of the seats down.

Having the rear end will be great as now I have somewhere to start with my design for the back of the car, and one step closer to that TAC approval.

The throttle body is for a side project, its a nice clean looking unit that seems very easy to get more of, so somewhere between 2 & four of them might find their way onto some kind of wild inlet manifold design that my brain is generating for the Mustang.

EDIT: after asking the difference between an R180 & 200 in the tech thread before I left, I forgot to take my torch, couldn't tell when I was there, and still don't know what I've come home with...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...