Hillman hunter engine conversion??

m0ss4yy

454 big block chevy bored out 60thou with a blower and twin 750 double pumpers.

do it!

seriously look at the suspension when adding weight in the front :rolleyes:

you will most likely have to mod the firewall for any engine transplant, a diff upgrade should be done aswell due to the stock 5hp power figure :oops:

4ages go in pice of piss did while i was attending tech after class etc , so cant be too hard lol.

i must admit that it was a wee bit small for the car .

make a rb/jz fit and tear peoples face clean off

or just go crazy and put a merlin in there

Would anyone have any advise on how to get a 4agze into a hunter? how much fabrication required?

I wouldnt wanna have it on the standard cross member cause just doing a few skids with the 1725 in it was enough to tare the mounts off the crossmember!!

i would say a 4age would be the bizzo in a hunter.

cheap, reliable, and not OTT.

should be easy to do aswell.

use a t50 box (if the hunters clutch system is hyd) or t50 box if its a cable type.

the box should be able to fit the tunnel without too many dramas, you may have to massage it

with a BFH.

engine will piss in. room enough for a good radiator too.

Would anyone have any advise on how to get a 4agze into a hunter? how much fabrication required?

I wouldnt wanna have it on the standard cross member cause just doing a few skids with the 1725 in it was enough to tare the mounts off the crossmember!!

wouldve been the rubber mounts yeah? put in new harder compound mounts.

the crossmember will be fine...

even doing a few little skids in my hunter.. the mount was still attatched to the engine, but where the mount is attatched to the cross member, had torn off. there is now a little plate missing off the crossmember, it is still bolted to the mount though..

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any advise on the easiest way to lower a standard leaf rear and strut front hunter?

Thought of just getting blocks, chopping the fronts accordingly, buying new shocks and shortening them. or if anybody know of any shocks that go in without being shortened?

• 4 months later...

The nissan Z-series engines [1800 - 2400cc] are a near perfect fit. We put in a z20 with its 5-speed box. the front mounts need altering but the gearbox bolts straight up. The car goes like a bloody rocket and we're looking at a turbo and maybe ethanol for the future.