K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool to see the wagon getting some love kk, please do have a good think about the container, I don't know if they all do it but I went with my fatherinlaw to move a bunch of stuff out of his self storage lock up, which was just rows of old shipping containers, and I could not believe the amount of condensation hanging on the roof. Any thing fabric etc would have been ruined.

• Like 1

Yeah I was looking at ideas last night and I think well sealed containers with no type of ventilation and in the shade for 22 hours a day is the root of the problem. 

If I go ahead then I'll be having mine out of the shade for ~6 hours a day in winter and ~12 hours a day in summer. Plus as I'll own the container, I'll put some vents into the front and rear, maybe even fit a couple of those spinny whirly things on top. 

Plus a couple of buckets of calcium chloride as per Tom's suggestion above. Then to boot I'll only put in non fabric items for the first month and see how things look after that if it is dry as a bone or slightly moist.

Edit - just found this - http://www.comac.co.nz/modules/SP_webshop/products.php?cat=309   (bottom of the page)

Much interest in this container chat as I just bought one as well which has vents in each end and sits in the sun all day but I'm to worried to put car pats init might try the couple of buckets of calcium chloride as well to see what the condensation levels are  . Brand new was to rich for me as well . How long is the plan on the body work ?

• Like 1

Oh man good to know! 

I will go buy a bucket of beads and place in them in various cars I've got stored at various relatives houses haha.

In thread relevant news,

Looking forward to seeing the new and improved VH next nats!

Rust work aaaaabsolutely sucks haha. There's an exponential decay of motivation, you'll get as much done in the first week as you will in the last 9 months.

I begrudgingly admit that your wagon is pretty cool

Ugh I feel dirty now, off to look at pictures of coupes

• Like 1

Rust work aaaaabsolutely sucks haha. There's an exponential decay of motivation, you'll get as much done in the first week as you will in the last 9 months.

Shit, it's going to be the slow boat to Sydney at that rate.

• Like 1

TEN PROPELLORS AND A CRANE

you got a man to shift container? I used to do parts for that MF Robertson joker when I was at multis (the guy with one truck that has a swinglifter and 1829018028109 trailers near te-marua on SH2) and he did a good as deal to shift a couple of sea-cans for cubastreet. 

can prolly get his number for ya