KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

With getting it sandblasted 

make sure you give the the engine bay a good waterblast or clean prior to blasting 

as it tends to just spread it around causing not sticking paint issues later on

oh and i would be inclined to pull those door cards off.

me personally would pull the trans and engine out and they can brush blast the rest of the engine bay as it isn't much more work. 

just doing areas you want is quite hard if stuff is in the way and much more time consuming than just a nice easy full area blast.

just my 2c but im sure the company you use will tell you all of this already.  

• Like 1

I was watching something on pootube the other day and the guy removed all that seam-sealer at joins in the chassis because if he didn't the blaster wouldn't get in behind it.  Not sure if this is an issue with sand (I think he was glass bead) but it may be something to consider given that your larger areas of rot have crept in all underneath this stuff and could be hidden still post blasting.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KKtrips said:

Cheers. I'm really not wanting to pull the engine out. Logic tells me I should so I'll mull it over a few days. Degreasing is a good idea though.

just lug it out haha 

then paint the whole engine bay 

and give the motor a spray can rebuild 

and job done 

its much more time consuming than that though 

• Like 1

Man I hate it when you get to a point where you have to do way more than you intended (story of OS cars). But as others say it looks like you should whip that motor out and pull all the seam sealer and floor deadening, blast it, patch it, epoxy, seam seal, paint all in one go. If you are balls deep and keeping this thing then may as well make that front end last as long as you will and not have to look at it again. Poor old thing is melting in the front end, I would want to kick all that in the dick.

• Like 1