K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $25 for it including relays, fusable links, wiring, plugs and shroud. :D

All I need to do is mount it - then hook up the positive and negative feeds to the battery.

Plus the low and high (or just the high to start with) speed signal wires which is only an earth signal to a thermo switch or toggle if I can't find an appropriate thermo switch in time.

noice.. not to surprised if they shit themselves tbh.. they're the same fan as the ea/eb falcon which, besides a mitzy, was the car I saw most on the side of the road in melbs..

what sort of amperage does it pull?

realistically it's not going to run *that* much with the driving you do in this thing, surely? 

Exactly. I am highly doubtful that my driving habits are going to sit me sitting in traffic jams with headlights on and wipers going full tit and the rad fan staying on for extended lengths of time. I've got a fucking good battery in it and it's manual so I can still crash start it... LOL.

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping it's a dry BHG between 6 and 8 and that an oil gallery is somewhere in there that is also caught up in the BHG mess.

Suspecting that pretty decent overheat going up Te-Mata peak at Hawkes Boes is probably the culprit.

But it may be rings. In a bit of a quandry if I pull the heads and replace HG x 2 and it's still no better which will be a waste of time and money if it is the rings anyway.

Guess a cylinder leakdown test will be the next move.

Yea a HG is the best outcome, shit I wouldn't even touch the other bank if going down that road. How cheap can you get a head gasket? $10 like a cheby? Yea man do a ghetto leak down test, or just pull the head anyway as its coming out either way. I mean you'll pop the head and see a fault or you wont.

Still at the shed? you can have it off in about 4-5 beers.

• Like 1