K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

6 minutes ago, Goat said:

@KKtrips No stress/rush.
There are front seats, back seats, dash, trim, bumpers, radiator, roof racks etc. 
Can get some pics next time I'm out. If you'd like them closer to home I can bring em back with me one time. 

Also, so fucking rad this is legal dude. Super stoked for you! Has been no mean feat. Keen to do some bogan cruising with you!

Shit yeah, and to think I recently bought a full set of seats cos I forgot I had those ones... LoL

Super keen.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Flash said:

Jeez I don't know if it's just my poor old eyes, but the colour of your new carpet looks pretty good to me. Goes nicely with the rest of the interior I reckon.

Should be dark brown like the bottom of the door cards

But thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKtrips said:

I'm running Penrite 20W-50 and Comp Cam roller lifters. 

Cheers

That’s a good oil to use as definitely want a high zinc oil in it.

as with lifter noise if it’s bad I would run it without the valve cover on the side that seems noisy and place a piece of cardboard to stop it splashing on the headers. Then use a hammer handle while it’s running and apply pressure to each rocker on pushrod side and find the one that goes quite. Or just get a long screwdriver and place your ear on it to find the noise.

also hate to say it but comp cams haven’t got the best lifter reputation out there. I personally wouldn’t use them and would only use Johnson lifters myself. It’s a big issue with v8s and lifters. Not just comp cam ones either 

im guessing they were all stripped and cleaned prior to installing? 

As really want to catch the issue with the noise before it wipes a camlope off.

although if the preload is currently zero then that would definitely cause a noise. How was the preload when you checked it?

ive always set all that up before the inlet manifold is fitted and can see the lifter preloads. Then remove and fit inlet.

Im guessing you already know all of the information I just wrote but if not here ya go

goodluck as never is fun doing the job twice or having to lean in the engine bay. 

• Thanks 1