K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What part are people not getting???

I have a diff that fits but I need to roll the guards and make an adjustable panhard rod to count for the 20-25mm wider per side...

Getting the driveshaft remodified will be about $250 and 2 weeks so no biggy.

Finding a diff that is VB-VK narrow with an LSD that ALSO bolts into a wagon will take MONTHS and at least $300 or more.

Finding a diff that is VB-VK narrow with an LSD and then having the mounts changed over will be at least a couple weeks and $500 or more.

My bad, I started the sillyness. The fact you have a late, 4spider 28 spline diff makes any options of a narrower diff difficult.

Roll the bloody guards.

• Like 1

Yea thats all that I was getting at, to me pumping guards for a diff is unacceptable, shit in a ideal world it would be shorter. I just thought you could find something that fits better since you are already having to do the drive shaft, diff mounts is fuck all? 

• Like 2

I'm too stoked on this car like actually :)

Would there be anyway to widen the front track width to match the rear? So it won't understeer heaps? Or nah? No issue?

For the pan hard rod I suppose you need and adjustable one to keep diff centre as its lowered right? Gonna cut up and modify your current or complete aftermarket one?

Personally I think it'll be way better with the wider diff as I dislike how when people normally build commodores it's 20s tucked up on the guards and they look better filled out

Throw some stretched tyres onto the rear too for ultimate herrafrush scene points. Do it. Doooo itttt.

:)

And our commodores can be best friends with our stretched and too wide wheels :)

• Like 1

Not yet - I'll ring Howats at lunchtime when I finish work - if it is ready then I'll grab it and sling it in this afternoon.

Everything else is ready so providing I get a driveshaft in time and the tyres don't rub and the diff ain't fucked and the roadtest is legit then I'll be rolling up around midnight tonight or something. LOL

But a few too many if's and but's so I'm thinking quite unlikely at the moment. :(

I was thinking if I plait a few hessian ropes together and tie it from the diff to the gearbox - then providing I only go forward and not backwards then it'll be fine and not unwind.

nah it will be sweet, you just need to wait for it to unwind, then wind back up before reverse engages

• Like 2