K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to either have the weld performed by a trade certified person or the person has to perform a competency test in front of the certifier.

It's about a billion times easier to get a trade certified welder to do the welding than it would be to take my welder with me to perform a test run in front of the certifier so that's a no brainer.

I believe it is ALL welded suspension components require tig and an ultrasonic crack test. Can't mig any brake and suspension components, tig only.

(this obviously includes the panhard rod which is probably the least threatening of suspension components when it breaks)

Manufacture and modification of components 2.3(15)

Welding may only be carried out within a brake modification or adaptation if:

(a the welding is carried out by a person who: (i) holds a relevant current qualification or trade certification for the type of welding being undertaken; or (ii) has demonstrated to the low volume vehicle certifier, a satisfactory level of competence in the method of welding being undertaken; 

and

(b documentation of a form specified by the Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association Incorporated, which verifies 2.3(15)(a) is supplied by the person who undertakes the welding;

and 

(c welded components which, upon failure could result in a total loss of braking control, are non-destructively tested, using either the ultra-sonic, x-ray, or magnetic particle method, by either a BIP-approved person holding the relevant current certification for the type of NDT being undertaken, or a person holding ASNT NDT Level 3 qualification;

and

(d documentation of a form specified by the Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association Incorporated, which verifies 2.3(15)© is supplied by the person who undertakes the NDT testing.

Manufacture and modification of components 2.3(15)

Welding may only be carried out within a brake modification or adaptation if:

(a the welding is carried out by a person who: (i) holds a relevant current qualification or trade certification for the type of welding being undertaken; or (ii) has demonstrated to the low volume vehicle certifier, a satisfactory level of competence in the method of welding being undertaken; 

and

(b documentation of a form specified by the Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association Incorporated, which verifies 2.3(15)(a) is supplied by the person who undertakes the welding;

and 

(c welded components which, upon failure could result in a total loss of braking control, are non-destructively tested, using either the ultra-sonic, x-ray, or magnetic particle method, by either a BIP-approved person holding the relevant current certification for the type of NDT being undertaken, or a person holding ASNT NDT Level 3 qualification;

and

(d documentation of a form specified by the Low Volume Vehicle Technical Association Incorporated, which verifies 2.3(15)© is supplied by the person who undertakes the NDT testing.

Is this section only for brake parts? Is there a separate section for suspension modification/weldy weldy?