K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah flywheel is repro one (most probably chinese) and yeah the bellhousing is specifically made for VB-VK Commys using the W55 gearbox but using the Commy V8 clutch setup (with a Supra clutch plate)

But yeah it will use the 6cyl Commy clutch cable. But uses a V8 clutch fork and VN release bearing.

It is this exact bellhousing with the 6 cyl clutch cable arrangement cast into the RH side.

(you can also see it has the Turbo and Trimatic options for the top 2 bolts)

suprabh.jpg

I spent the arvo on more painting prep work, and then spent the end of the arvo sharing a rigger of Bookbinder with my neighbour, along with lengthy discussions of guitar music. 

I had been intending to drop by to see you and shoot some carefully composed documentary photographs while you worked, preserving this for posterity. 

Great to see the progress!

Reckon I'll rup into it on Saturday morning and get er done. Hope to have starter motor by the weekend too. Then I can throw the exhaust on and wire it all up and maybe even start it. Though I won't even bother making gearbox mount till I have the engine sitting in it's final place.

So happy I don't have to change or modify the sump and or crossmember.