K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

It's all to be expected when buying engines. I would say the engine sat in the corner and had a bolt pilfered here and there as they do when you need stuff. Onwards though. Once a handful of parts arrive on Saturday with Richard the great then I should not be lacking of anything for chucking it in the hole. Just need to make sure I'm not hungover for long enough to do so. Haha

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I don't jinx you bro but, I wouldn't be pulling to many skids with the toyota box.. they tend not to last long with the amount of torque you'll have on tap.. IMHO, I would have gone with a th400 or 700... means you can also eat a pie whilst going sideways....

Haha - all true - yeah I'm not a beater of my goods and I have weak hips.

As fas as I am concerned the W series boxes are fine for what I'm doing. Goat has one behind a XJS V12 and that's a 2 tonner whale with umpteen millions of torque and is holding together just fine.

I could have gone auto - but I like manual V8's...

• Like 2

Haha - all true - yeah I'm not a beater of my goods and I have weak hips.

As fas as I am concerned the W series boxes are fine for what I'm doing. Goat has one behind a XJS V12 and that's a 2 tonner whale with umpteen millions of torque and is holding together just fine.

I could have gone auto - but I like manual V8's...

fair enough bro.. was just concerned with all the skid talk haha...