K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap, I hadn't added up all the wag no goes this season.

Spencers is pretty much out and mine, though it doesn't count, is out because I'm over it and my Commodore is way more awesomer. Like yours. So GET IT BACK ON THE ROAD!

Providing I could even get together the cashzor - I have 15 days now till Hawkes Boes.

Friday is out cos I have work and at night I am chopping with E

Saturday is Old School Wgtn Meat

Sunday is Bathurst

So the first day I'll be able to look at it is Monday giving me 12 days to get the windscreen and any rust done and then the necessary repainting and I know how long it took to get my guards and bonnet done last month.

I know I could do half a job and reuse the rubber or not do the rust or just chuck primer only over the rust repairs - but fucked if I have the money to pay for two windscreens if I break the first taking it out to finish off the half arse repairs at a later date.. and I would rather do it properly first time.

Don't think I am being defeatist because do not fear I am going to try and get it done but the lack of fundage, the skills to repair the rust and the timeframe I have is conspiring to kill my will...

I would imagine a bath in some kind of oil/wax/something could restore some of the flexibility to your current screen strip. I'm just thinking you could make it legal for the first few wagoneering missions and in the meantime get the proper replacement and new gubbins ready.

quite true - this is a possibility ^^ but I suspect the rubber will split and crack, the plastic locking strip will definitely snap when its coming out..

gah EMO kid - I should really cheer up..

this = me right now (the hairclip was a cunt to get in without stabbing my eye)

emo-kid.jpg

Dont worry sunshine you will get it done one way or another. I hope to have a wof by next tue, failed on too much slam tho!? And the fact my door is fucked. And Allans car will pretty much do itself over night.

Its a Wagon. It will happen.

Lights up '93.

Oi! im the hutt valley Novus guy... i can help you out if you need? i own a vb as well so i know the cars a bit hahah :)

gimme a bell either pm me or text 027 248 4918

my old man owns the hutt valley franchise and im head technician so have full use of workshop, tools and other things at any time i need!