K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

I'm not saying that these will fit, just that they are available... and in Wellingtown of all Towns

109569007_full.jpg

Also, these parts are different to the Commodore C Caravan that I posted above, but unfortunately those early model parts will only fit on the early Commodores (VB-VC) where as these later model parts off an Opel Monza are more likely to fit the later models (VH-VK).

Look like a VK setup to me (non chrome bumpers.. but I will delve deeper and inform... (fuck you roool Brad)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ foully seeck maaaate.. ^^^

come start sanding - I will apply liberal lotion and liquid refreshments to your tongue whilst you work..

also just noticed your question about the Wairarapa guy - will contact him this week - have been turbo busy with freight run and shite..

Was wondering when one of these would turn up on here.

Mean.

excuse me? :P i know i dont comment much but i have a VB sedan same body but different grill indicators etc :P

awesome bo

good to see another old commy being done up. if i were you id change the motor i had nothing but troubles with the 202 so been in the process of getting rid of it, its almost done and back on the road. I see your from welly, should go for a roll when its done?

I also have a mate building a VH fully stripped and repainted beautifully putting in a 308 etc. wouldnt be surprised if it winds up a show car.

was jealous naturally, but i wanted mine for thrashing and bashing so cant have it too pretty or ill be too scared to drive it :P haha

• 2 weeks later...
Was wondering when one of these would turn up on here.

Mean.

excuse me? :P i know i dont comment much but i have a VB sedan same body but different grill indicators etc :P

awesome bo

good to see another old commy being done up. if i were you id change the motor i had nothing but troubles with the 202 so been in the process of getting rid of it, its almost done and back on the road. I see your from welly, should go for a roll when its done?

I also have a mate building a VH fully stripped and repainted beautifully putting in a 308 etc. wouldnt be surprised if it winds up a show car.

was jealous naturally, but i wanted mine for thrashing and bashing so cant have it too pretty or ill be too scared to drive it :P haha

A lot of 202 issues boil down to poor vacuum lines, shitty timing and contsipation - 202's LOVE to breath... air in = power out.

IMHO a black injected 202 from a VK is the primo start point for a good retro rebuild. Believe it

I have had three old 202 commys over the years and very simple mods can yeild some good power and torque from ye olde 202.

There is a mint info dump on the black 202 here:

http://holdenpaedia.oldholden.com/EFI_VK_3.3

Also I have scanned the articles from Street Machine many moons ago called "Grunt Hunt" where they rebuild a blue 202 to "as new" better than factory tolerances and bolt on - unbolt simple shit to build a stout 202 with 200bhp using the VK fuel injection systems and a Haltech computer....

I am a huge fan of the VB, VC and VK commys and have been scratching around looking for another one. (ya know the score.. never shoulda sold the last one, moment of weakness needed the cash yadda yadda yadda)

This wagon I think is in for a helluva makeova but I would rather "something different" be a wild 202 or perhaps a nissan or lexus v8 package to buck the trend...

Cheers

Drew

Well I actually got it driving tonight with the 202. Went for a fang and it is pretty damn good!!

Got it all tuned, bonnet on and all ready to go.

Managed to hook 5th gear under light to medium throttle going up a reasonably steep hill (at best it was 3rd and full throttle with the old motor)

Slight issues with the gauge indicating a high temp when stationary but this could be a couple of things which I will look at this weekend.

Ended up tuning it as best I could and just got home after dropping it at my mechanics workshop to get them to sort the exhaust. I know I should build my own exhaust but I CBF lying on my back building one so GTFO.. :badgrin:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

At the moment its a 202 and slam is achieved through a set of off the shelf lowered springs all round..

I can get lower with cutting of springs which is on the cards but I do want to bag it eventually - preferably before the end of this year but it comes down to $$$$ and common sense.. :)

Are you planning on sticking with the 202 or vee eight maaate in future?

Roughly what did you pay for your 202? Rather than reassembling the one I have in fielding for my premier I am thinking I will just buy one thats "running" and get it re-vin'd with that.

Damn I need some motivation/time/money

For my red 202 I spent a month looking for a decent one and paid $371 plus a trip to and from Auckland to pick it up - I now have a spare one out of my red parts car and it was a trip to Marton to get that one..

haha always the way :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I'll also go V8 eventually..