K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I will likely not do any work on my car for quite some time, as I have much more pressing matters at hand.

Like criticising people about the work they are doing on their cars? O eliot. I expect a sharp response from you too x

Zebediah,

More along the lines of getting an education and holding down a respectable job, and I suppose it depends on both his idea of an insult and his propensity to care of my opinion.

I shouldn't react to your little jibs as I know you're young and they are mostly in jest, but I think I've found a good middle ground as of late :idea::arrow::!:

On topic, I'm surprised at lack of pics of tastefully (or otherwise) modified versions of these steeds in this thread. I understand Australians have probably ruined most of them, but surely a few exist?

Would love an LS7 - but not necessarily going to happen unless I happen upon a wad of cash, LS2 is a bit more achievable.. Still damned expensive though.. $10Kish for 2nd hand one with gearbox and loom etc...
would love but no have 11.5K right now - also a Gearbocks is around 3-4K... :-(

nah my mate with the landcruiser got his from that holmart site I posted and it was around $6-7k landed

so sorry simon but I don't think $11.5k is realistic - no offence meant. Ok it's got the corvette plastic covers and it's already here so maybe a couple of grand more, but then again it's not new new. so less than $10k for sure.

Then again if you can sell it to some mr. moneybags old man holden fan then maybe you can get that I don't know.

Would love an LS7 - but not necessarily going to happen unless I happen upon a wad of cash, LS2 is a bit more achievable.. Still damned expensive though.. $10Kish for 2nd hand one with gearbox and loom etc...

nah my mate with the landcruiser got his from that holmart site I posted and it was around $6-7k landed

so sorry simon but I don't think $11.5k is realistic - no offence meant. Ok it's got the corvette plastic covers and it's already here so maybe a couple of grand more, but then again it's not new new. so less than $10k for sure.

Then again if you can sell it to some mr. moneybags old man holden fan then maybe you can get that I don't know.

$6-7k sounds about right, would that be gearbox-less though? T56's are about 3-4k on top of that iirc

$6-7k sounds about right, would that be gearbox-less though? T56's are about 3-4k on top of that iirc

direct dirve to diff? solution?

solution = awesome

Edit: And then you dont need to import a grille, just find a nice Opel badge.

Living dangerously there. The above was a Rekord with quite a different front to a Commodore and I think just mashing an Opel badge on it will look halfarsed really. The Commodores have a very sharp nose on them, so to me the Opel Commodore grill is the only way to go. For $200 brand new I don't think its out of the question but the other option within NZ is sourcing an Opel Monza grill, though that may not be the easiest thing to find.

Re the LS engines, the Germans were very keen to use the early injected V8's in their range, but testing under wide open throttle on the Autobahns proved the engines to be unreliable and have a tendancy to overheat, apparently. Just useless info there but I myself, think it would actually be kind of sweet to hear a filthy cammed up 8 in a super slammed Opel wag, side exits in front of rear wheels etc

good to hear youve got it running sweet.

but i think i might have to moderate a 5M-EU into your car because i can.

that and moderate an MS57 over the top of it.....................

hope your trip goes without any misshap. wont be seeing you there. im going to spend HEAPS of time building my rear suspension.

sheepers.

Well done kk. Now cut those springs.

Also, I have been informed that the Opel Commodore grill will not fit in a VH. But will perhaps fit in a VB? So what ever the differences are there I don't really know, but just a heads up. Also, I'm sure its nothing a grinder and a hammer cannot fix.