K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

haha, lowlancer, this maybe true, but round our ways (ie not hamilton) you dont often see slammed out holdens

mostly becasue we arnt a bunch of sicko's

thats why we have Kk, his as sick as the day is looooooooooong

Also, sweet ride, cant wait to giz hand tomorrow nite in helping / drink while you work

CDl

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but that just looks like an old piece Commodore with cut springs, which I suppose it is.

FYI - it does NOT have cut springs..

I also believe that only fools and old woman question a job before it is completed.. (not sure which bracket to put you in)

lubs you Mr XXX - like I lubs a banjo playin sister

just keen to have a set of steels to widen/play around with for my BA falcon wagon - they have 36p offset from factory iirc.

Ah sweet - yeah AU and BA steels came on all taxis/poverty spec/govt fleet cars.. should be plenty of them around.. they have massive negative offset so would be fuck all room to go wider outwards before guard rub....

Sorry for getting OT but, are you sure re -ve offset? As AU and BA's have 36 ish positive offset standard (ie my xr6 alloys that wagon came with are this). Pre-AU's had around 0-6p offset.

oops got my negative and positive offset mixed up - my bad

Sorry for getting OT but, are you sure re -ve offset? As AU and BA's have 36 ish positive offset standard (ie my xr6 alloys that wagon came with are this). Pre-AU's had around 0-6p offset.

oops got my negative and positive offset mixed up - my bad

ah yep makes sense now, yeah looking at my wag theres a massive gaping hole at the rear - could probably get 1.5-2 inches wider guard side - and maybe squeeze 1 inch wider up front

Sorry, but that just looks like an old piece Commodore with cut springs, which I suppose it is.

FYI - it does NOT have cut springs..

I also believe that only fools and old woman question a job before it is completed.. (not sure which bracket to put you in)

lubs you Mr XXX - like I lubs a banjo playin sister

Interesting response. Don't make the mistake of confusing me with your contemporaries

Good to hear re: springs, what else is left to do?

My angle is, why not do something different to this? I'm sure it'll look fine on stock width steels, but do you want fine?

Interesting response. Don't make the mistake of confusing me with your contemporaries

My angle is, why not do something different to this? I'm sure it'll look fine on stock width steels, but do you want fine?

My contempories provide no reason to be confused. They are neither old woman nor fools.. (well most of them arn't anyway :D )

I also have a desire to do something different. You may not be aware but I have owned the car for 5 days and I have spent those 5 days getting it legal and lower than standard so I can take it away to Hawkes Bay this weekend. Making it a Custom worthy of Barris/Roth/Astill in 5 days is just not going to happen. (Maybe I need Discovery Channel coverage and then it would be a mandatory stupidly short deadline ALA American Chopper/Hot Rod...)

I admit when I started this build thread I was not totally clear with time/scope/budget. But have no fear there is plenty more in the pipeline. Nothing is finalised till it happens but my current vision is an injected V8 and Manual box- prefer an LSx and T5, a set of super wide rims (prefer steels) and low pros with mucho stretch, extreme lowness (perhaps a set of adjustable platform coil overs would work best for this), I am infected with the desire for an Opel grille (thanks to Brad), I want to tidy the chrome till it hurts to look at and also I plan to have a fairly good go at tidying up the body and repainting it with a similar coat of green.

All these things take a lot of money - which is not always an easy thing to come by when paying a hefty mortgage.

Now I've told you my plans maybe you could get back to your Sapporo and show us what you can get done in the next week! - I dare ya.. :-)

My contempories provide no reason to be confused. They are neither old woman nor fools.. (well most of them arn't anyway :D )

I also have a desire to do something different. You may not be aware but I have owned the car for 5 days and I have spent those 5 days getting it legal and lower than standard so I can take it away to Hawkes Bay this weekend. Making it a Custom worthy of Barris/Roth/Astill in 5 days is just not going to happen. (Maybe I need Discovery Channel coverage and then it would be a mandatory stupidly short deadline ALA American Chopper/Hot Rod...)

I admit when I started this build thread I was not totally clear with time/scope/budget. But have no fear there is plenty more in the pipeline. Nothing is finalised till it happens but my current vision is an injected V8 and Manual box- prefer an LSx and T5, a set of super wide rims (prefer steels) and low pros with mucho stretch, extreme lowness (perhaps a set of adjustable platform coil overs would work best for this), I am infected with the desire for an Opel grille (thanks to Brad), I want to tidy the chrome till it hurts to look at and also I plan to have a fairly good go at tidying up the body and repainting it with a similar coat of green.

All these things take a lot of money - which is not always an easy thing to come by when paying a hefty mortgage.

Now I've told you my plans maybe you could get back to your Sapporo and show us what you can get done in the next week! - I dare ya.. :-)

I understand the situation well, or well enough as is possible via a forum. The plans sound good.

Of course I will likely not do any work on my car for quite some time, as I have much more pressing matters at hand.