K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love those gauges man, so much better than the factory.. something I’m interested to know though, do RH drive cars typically have the speedo on the right with the rev counter on the left and vice versa for LH drive cars? 
Looking at your setup just got me thinking that’s all.. 

2 hours ago, j.e.d. said:

Love those gauges man, so much better than the factory.. something I’m interested to know though, do RH drive cars typically have the speedo on the right with the rev counter on the left and vice versa for LH drive cars? 
Looking at your setup just got me thinking that’s all.. 

I replicated the OE except for the water temp and voltage which I flipped for personal preference.

Speedo.webp.4eb97d6f3482e68306578da8f01265b6.webp

• Like 1

Those gauges are awesome. What are they?. Also are you planning to keep the EFI on the 304. @vk327 does a brilliant job on the loom and his mate in Palmy sorts out the computer for not a lot of money. The 304 in my EJ goes pretty hard and is amazingly good on fuel. Also starts immediately after sitting for weeks.

20 hours ago, Kiwibirdman said:

Those gauges are awesome. What are they?. Also are you planning to keep the EFI on the 304. @vk327 does a brilliant job on the loom and his mate in Palmy sorts out the computer for not a lot of money. The 304 in my EJ goes pretty hard and is amazingly good on fuel. Also starts immediately after sitting for weeks.

They are NVU gauges - https://newvintageusallc.mybigcommerce.com/gauges/ yeah thet are awesome. Glad I took the leap with them

Nah staying carbied with the 304. If anything I might change to the FiTech injection setup but that is a while down the road I think.

Car is getting a full require with one of the 21 circuit wiring kits, once I have the engine and all the electrical accessories in place, that's this months job, to get the electrical stuff mounted up.

• Like 4

public service announcement... don't waste your money on a fitech,  have worked with a couple of them and average results at best (stock efi performed better and started easier), there are far better systems available.

my personal preference is to retain port injection using something like a link atom if going for carby look throttle on top, but for a stockish motor hard to beat the stock efi for value for money does it job well. fitech is just  a carby with electrics doing the fuel metering instead of a metering block and jets still suffer all the same atomization issues carbys have with cold start etc and poor fuel distribution on a single plane manifold on a stockish motor.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...