K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

Unless you really want to own it, I'm not currently using it. Fancy a "long term loan" of it?

Yes please loan sounds good if you prefer that - PM me account details and I'll pay for a courier to me.

I will buy it if you have no use for it though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey KK This things is freaking sweeet! may i ask why you are keen to swap the motor out so quickly?

The motor I have is a bit of an oil burner - it does the job adequately so no real reason to swap it - however see below for a bit more explanation.

I'm dumb on motors . What is this motor ? Does the manifold suggest it will remain carby?

When are you going to be at the Chrysler Hemi stage ?

It's a 304 - the late model version of the 308 - yup staying carby. Hemi dreams will be saved for my 55 gasser wags one day...

The motor I have picked up in particular is a VT Commodore 304 that's the last of the aussie built V8's.

I got it now cos it's a hard to find motor cos only the first series 1 VT's had the 304, after that they went to the LS1.

The VT is different from every other 304/308 because it is factory roller cam, 4 bolt mains and is already clearanced for 355 stroker crank.

It's closest relative is the 304 Walkinshaw motor from the VL - but they are as rare as hens teeth and apparently 10K for a complete one.

I've been told that the heads apparently flow 400hp from the factory. So if I really want to get carried away I could snap up a 355 stroker kit and chuck that in. But the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Who knows though I may end up putting this motor to the back of the shed while I save up for a stroker kit and monster Rawb cam - jam that in and then proceed to blow multiple gearboxes. Hahah.

• Like 1

Was waiting for that. Took longer than I though to be honest. Lol

They're all too scared to say it, you big bully.

The 327 and 350 have always stuck in my head as the better Chebby and often GMH motors, not to say the others like the 304 and 308 aren't OK they're just the wee fellas. The 253 is ham though.

Still.

Have you thought about slide throttles or a K24 swap? Perhaps a 'lexus' V8?