K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fan itself is bolted via 4 bolts around the perimeter to the shroud and I would say 60-70mm thick - I can measure it better tomorrow - but very thin anyway. If you mean including the shroud then around 120mm.

Without the shroud it is as thin if not thinner than the Craig Davies ones I have paid a couple hundy for previously - but the amount of air it moves (watch the video in my build thread) is fucking HEAPS!!!

How thick is the fan setup KK? Looks like a good option for the ute if a volvo turns up at TGA sometime

Measured them properly today.

Total thickness including shroud = 140-150mm

Thickness of fan from mounting flange to back of fan moor = 70-80mm

Thickness of fan from front of fanblades to back of fan motor - 100-110mm

Just for reference, these au(also el/ef etc) twin thermos move 1900cfm each fan and can be had for f all, what did you pay for your Volvo's?

4343851857.jpg

I paid $25 for it including relays, fusable links, wiring, plugs and shroud. :D

All I need to do is mount it - then hook up the positive and negative feeds to the battery.

Plus the low and high (or just the high to start with) speed signal wires which is only an earth signal to a thermo switch or toggle if I can't find an appropriate thermo switch in time.

• Like 1