K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses but I think I just fucked up the timing and because I was too eager and just Jerry rigged a lot of it together last second.

Will set it up like I normally do when I get back to it on Saturday and it should be a bit easier.

Also I think it was Shaz who could eye up timing on a 4age by feel. That's why Lingling proposed to her,

Also I think it was Shaz who could eye up timing on a 4age by feel. That's why Lingling proposed to her,

Shhhh... I don't like to brag about that.  I can't handle all the manties and proposals that get thrown at me!

On a less spammy note, I am so glad that things are finally working out.

• Like 1

Hey I thought the only difference was per pollution and pollution heads? And some manifolds work one way but not the other? Is that central port warm air/exhaust or water? Sorry dunno 308's that well only fucked with one of them before.

There are 3 types and they are not interchangable (I believe this is the way it goes)

1. non EGR - 7 bolts one side and 6 bolts on the other
  2. EGR - 7 bolts per side
  3. EGR - 8 bolts per side

I have the 8 bolts per side and the centre 2 don't line up at all with the manifold I have.I can't just leave them out either because that is an exhaust port right under there and it will heat and warp the manifold fairly quickly with nothing holding it down.

I can still run it up in the car tomorrow but I will need to find a new manifold before I do anything more than a casual drive. I can buy brand new for $600 thought - YAY!  :doubt:

Looking at your pic it's black so I'm guessing its hot air for the choke? Can you blank it off and roll one bolt less like a boss?

Nah they don't line up - this is an aftermarket manifold with all options already drilled - as you can see they don't get anywhere near close enough to drill the hole slightly oval even,

15808646.jpg

Ive got a factory egr manifold like you need that you can have it just needs one of the thermostat bolt holes rewelded and retapped. Or ive got a good nick one that ill sell once I pull my engine out

Pictures of required repair please?

I think I need to come see you - tomorrow perhaps? Flick me your phone number and what time you may be available for a visit tomorrow? :D