KKtrips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey KK.

This is coming along well.

I'll just add my 2 cents about the diff.

I think you'll grow to dislike the 3.45 pretty fast, personaly I feel a 3.23/1 is the best bet. You can use the gear sets out of Fords and Valiants. XD/E/F utes are a good source of 3.23s and LSDs. 

Although I have a 3.45 crown wheel and pinion I can pass on to you if you want it.

The 2 spider LSDs probably aren't the strongest but the seem to handle some abuse, I haven't broken mine yet, Clint uses one in his turbo Valiant too?

Like I said my two cents.

*I assume this has a Borgwarner diff*

Cheers bro - yeah I pretty sure its the BW I've got to put in. I'll rock the 3.45 to start with and then see how I feel later - consider I have been rocking a 3.9 since I got the car.

1st gear may just be a little blip each time I take off, could always just take off in 2nd I suppose - I do like the sound of an engine labouring away from the lights until the cam comes in.. LOL

• Like 1

Haha sweet. Roadranger dreams.

Roadranger or Roadpacer?

I prefer the Roadranger 13 speed type dreams myself...

By the way Chris the passenger side is fairly solidly bolted in as a plate sits flush against the crossmember - the drivers side has about 8mm clearance which results in it being floppy - I have made a 5mm spacer plate to put into there I hope that will fix it - but I guess the proof will be after the first drive.