K-Trips 1982 Holden Commodore VH Discussion

KKtrips

Yeah I could do but same dealio - a VN-VR V8 wagon diff is just about as hard to find as a VC-VL V8 wagon diff.

Also the rims I have rub on the outer guards ever so slightly when boned out with some tig bittys in the back of the car. Having a wider track would be worse even without dem bewbs loading up the rear.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will you need it that long-legged? aren't most of the auto boxes that run fee ates @ 3.08:1 essentially a 1:1 top and you'll be running an overdrive (I assume ~0.85) top gear?

Wonder if you can get Detroit style lockers for them for good tin if it's shit like the spider gears being the weak point. Would probably just break axles then, I guess. hah.

I just like long legged cos I love the sound of driving a torquey cars at 2000rpm while doing the open road speed limit.

Don't worry the 3.5 will be fine and plentiful to replace if I break it but if I found a 3.08:1 at the right price and had money spare then I'd snap it up.

I am pretty certain the HX/HZ utes all had lsd's even in the 6 cyl models (my prem does and it had a 202) so would expect the WB to follow suit

Most wagons in a series seem to be a throw back to previous gen with ford and holden, I guess the difference here could be the Opel vs strayacunt WB influence - though would be interesting if drivetrain is more common than just the motor