prozac's 1275 gt

d.p.n.s

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, cheers man. I work at repco, and we do get heaps of bits in for them that you wouldn't expect, but finding wheelbearings for less than $50 per bearing is proving difficult... Brother is coming back from the UK for xmas, so will save on shipping that way, and our dollar's pretty good atm :).

Cheers man, would appreciate it. Will give them a ring anyways... If BNT have em, i can probably get em thru work also. Will be pulling the rear subframe out this friday, will have a look to see what bearings are in it atm, if their tapered ones i'll try and go by the numbers.

yea there are three different types from memory, tapered, ball and cylindrical roller. They all are the same size but the diffence is in the setting up of them, but i presume you already know this from what you said before, the tapered ones i got had an offset hub on them so once they where in, you didnt need to set them like a normal tapered roller baring, just did it up tight and the centres butted up together. Sadly the somewhat innaccurate machining of the hubs meant they didnt load up properly so i needed to surface grind it back by a few thou. cunty if you dont have access to a surface grinder.

anyway, i shall go an look right now for a receipt

If you're still after wheel bearings Wilson Bro's in Annex road seem to be pretty cheap.

I got bearings and seals for both front wheels of the Jag for less than $80, the best quote I'd had before this was $80 for one side.

• 1 month later...