Truenotch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've agreed to ride this thing to Taupo for a radio promotion on March 26th... It's go'n be a long day!!!

Was thinking about upsizing the engine before then, but need to figure out the best way to do that. I've heard that FZ80 barrels fit, but can't find anything about them anywhere. Might head down to the Suzuki shop and see if they know anything (unlikely). It needs more torque to make it through the desert road :P .

If you know anything, tell me.

Churr.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Soo the daily blue scooter blew up... I think it was an issue with my re-assemble after doing the re-bore and oversized piston, so I have one of these on the way from the USA:

50407-0.jpg

Time for more 60cc and it's ended up costing $156 NZD and $30 shipping thanks to friends with USA connections :) .

yeh like yesterday on trademe. cant remember where. I looked thru the entire 'complete frames' and 'complete engines' sections. always bargains in there like complete bikes etc but they impossible to search. tm needs to sort out the categories for motorbike parts.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this going with the big bore kit on it. Goes considerably better and I haven't even tuned it properly yet!

The main difference is that it pulls better from down low... and then keeps pulling until you run out of revs / speedo won't go any further. Now it'll happily cruise at no less than 60kph on the roads of Hamilton and it will even accelerate up gentle hills 8) .