7m-gte Tech required please!!

Crownin_Round

So today I brought some straight 6 turbo goodness, a complete 7m-gte from an 87 ma70, its disassembled ready for rebuild after having head work..

So Im looking at anyone who has done this conversion, after tech or what I need to know to get this puppy installed and running, wiring diagrams or whatever.

Will be much appreciated guys!

Cheers

I have Engine and Wiring Repair manual and seperate Supplements.

You can borrow, but PLEASE DONT FUCK THEM!

They are property of work, part of a set and may still be required one day.

If you cant find the info in these two books, its a Gypsy myth.

google dude, this is the full Toyota service manual for a 7mgte supra if theres something you need to know thats not in there your fucked. It has pin out's for the ecu, full wiring diagrams, even what voltage/resistance pins should have. Plus how to rebuild the bitch when you get a BHG zing

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/

The goodness comes in the straight six turbo part... Plus I dont give a fuck about nay sayers lol Ive seen plenty of decent 7m action and for the price I got it for and the fact that its a bolt in engine I couldn't go past it.

Built right and run properly it will be a sweet engine.

dispite what some people say, the 7mgte is still a very good motor.

But as with any performance motor, they suffer when not looked after/maintained. Much like 1jz's etc..

Just look at www.7mpower.com for results.

With the hks mhg, make sure you get the block surface done as well, otherwise it wont seal properly.

Are you replacing pistons? or just running stock ones?

Arp's should have come with the correct torque settings, as you know stock they were 54 ft lbs, (anyone with half a brain would know, thats far too low)

If you have any questions, let me know (send me a pm and ill be happy to help)

Otherwise, check out http://andy.supras.org.nz/ as thats got most of the info about converting an ma61, should be of use to you.

Id like to see it blow a head gasket with ARP's and an HKS metal item..

People blow them up when they're in stando trim and all of a sudden they're a "P O S"

That's only part of the reason, their port design is pretty average, and they don't respond as well to mods as other engines do.

i.e a 5/6m-ge runs better with a turbo than a 7m, despite having half the valves and never coming turbo from factory