Supercharging rotaries

danger

Right. I currently have a 13b bridgey(not through water jacket) thats got cut up rotor bearings, not sure if the E shafts alright or not yet. I also have a good S4 13BT in parts with slotted rotors. Have alot of other stuff as well.

I need to build a motor for my RX929 that i'll put together after finishing the RX7 also need to at some stage build a motor or use one of my 12as for my mazda 1000 ute.

Was thinking of making the mazda 1000 a major project (cause so easy to work on and light) and would like to narrow and 4link the rear as well as a powerful enough motor to justify this.

Logically most people would go 13BT for power. I'm wondering instead of whether to build a supercharged carb fed 13b bridgeport

Probably wont be as much power but a hell of alot more torque (its a 13B so wont be going over 8-9k revs) and could possibly be very fun with a bridgeport as they dont idle due to low air speed at low revs this could possibly make it pulse along very nicely with more drivability but still making very good power and not having to invest in computers, injectors, turbos and all that shit. plus I prefer non turbo rotaries.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I know its probably the wrong forum to ask. Would a bridgeport be ok? along with a slightly extended exhaust port? What carb/blower to use etc and any other precautions? May run dowells or better thru bolts but havent gotten that far yet.

just go for a secondary bridge...decent size blower,ive seen skidder blowers on them..

or get a fancy yanky one...

run a holley double pumper..and scoop.

would be tall but would look sick.

i remember andys 13b was real tall..i think it used a 64/7 or whatever the numbers are..and

1 or 2 300zx throttle bodies,microtech...

i used to have a large wade blower off a skidder that i was gonna mount on a 13bt block.

was going to use a 650 double pumper and elec dizzy.

you wont need to dowel it if you dont run mass boost..id go 12psi....

i was looking at putting an a/c clutch or something onto the blower drive so it was switchable-mad max style..

just go onto ausrotary and search blower or supercharged and you should find some sweet set ups on there...

realistically any jap factory blower wont be good enough...

there used to be a 13b j port blown with 2 idas in a rx3 coupe years ago in hams..

sparked my keeness in rotors,until all the crossed up flat cappers with puffy shoes started owning them....

wont something with sweet fuck all low down torque(ur engine) be a sack of shit if its having to turn a massive, yank style, supercharger?

iduno just the bridgeport 13b will make heap o lot of power anyway so why bother?

i will put my money where my mouth is and say buy a 20b import engine and run it stock standard minus the turboZ on an aftermarket computer. Will make oooodles of power and prob cost similar amout to this supercharging humbojumbo. Seen some ausis do similar and they make like 300kw+ mayyte. + has the added bonus of being a streetable engine and quite enough to be legal.

thats my 50 cent

this post was non constructive.

I was looking at supercharging my 12a until i saw how much money would go in for relatively little power gains. The M90 was the one i sized up based on the volume. Maybe it will do for the 13b as well. Looked into the dimensions of the thing and had to get one with a small snout as the thing would have been longer than my engine.

Get a book called 'Supercharged!' by corky bell off amazon, about $40 delievered when i got it. Real good read,.

Don't know what happened to the site but rotahavik.co.nz had a guy who had supercharged his 20b, he was pretty on to it with this type of thing

Might pay to check out the RX8 Supercharger kits, i know Blitz do one, just not sure it will be large enough for a full cut bridge.

Also, saw above mentioned supercharged rx3 coupe at mere mere not too long ago,

OSC Jismd everywhere & spent almost an hour just looking at / walking around it.

wont something with sweet fuck all low down torque(ur engine) be a sack of shit if its having to turn a massive, yank style, supercharger?

iduno just the bridgeport 13b will make heap o lot of power anyway so why bother?

i will put my money where my mouth is and say buy a 20b import engine and run it stock standard minus the turboZ on an aftermarket computer. Will make oooodles of power and prob cost similar amout to this supercharging humbojumbo. Seen some ausis do similar and they make like 300kw+ mayyte. + has the added bonus of being a streetable engine and quite enough to be legal.

thats my 50 cent

this post was non constructive.

Not confident I have enough room for a 20b but the thought has crossed my mind

New style more efficient wee superchargers

20b aint that much larger/make it fit.... i was at a car wreckers once geting some wheels and they had a 20b JC halfcut. Engine was good compression and had startup warrenty etc. They wanted 5g for the halfcut.

what about a renesis + 6 speed?

then again... Carbs and noise are cool

try find that guy that had the supercharged dark green rx4. He used to be on rotahavik so yeh. He will know what to do