Runamucks - VG Valiant Sedan of Lawn Ornament & Rust

CUL8R

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And i wasnt kidding about those rust repairs. Id honestly forgotten how rust fucked it was before Josh weaved his magic.  I actually felt disgusted with myself for letting a perfectly good car deteriorate so badly.

• Like 1

Not likely.

Dads cousin would like to see it running again. Very unlike dad, he doesnt want a bar of it. Reportedly some other Barry has expressed interest in it. the tractors owner would be 80 ish. It was ran when parked. Although it appears some penis fingers been playing with it.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Somebody tell me whats best to clean my cooling system. Long ago someone suggested white vinegar? 

Citric acid 

look at the active ingredient on radiator flush bottles 

Buy from the supermarket for like $2 in the baking aisle 

• Like 1

^ I ran the soda crystals in the Gemini back when we used to live in the same street Bart. I think I ran them in the car for a week, then dumped bottom hose, rinse/repeat and It ran clear.

The Gloria just had 45min of back flushing when I got that (whilst running, dumping straight into the farmers paddock) - and it'd been parked for 15 odd years or whatever it was. Then it ran clean, however ultimately the Water pump impellor was rusted away & radiator still needed rodding out. 

I would just about put the shitty one back in and run it up to temp/cycle a few times with above concoctions then dump/back flush?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: 620 diff. Do you recall what that 3.9 you scored came from? Thats a pretty rare find.  If it was same axle spline then must have been from an old Silvia as the Fairlady Roadster and 1600 Wagons have smaller spines.

If you come across another, let me know, I need one for my pickup.