cletus

cletus's vg valiant

Tyre sizes

It had a 195/60 on the front and a 205/60 on the back. The fronts looked a bit small as last time I replaced them I changed brands but never really liked the slight difference in size

Swapped the 205/60 on to the front and got some 205/70 for the back that are cheap enough to skid on at drag day

20171028_161950.jpg

• Like 9

its had a few wheel and tyre combos which I will barry on about

originally, when I got it

val4.jpg

• Like 2

I had some 15'' wheels made for drag use, I think they were 15x7 with ET Street tyres, ran standard rims on the front

24811 007.jpg

• Like 8

then had some standard rims widened, 195/60 front and 205/60 rear, painted them grey to start with and had hubcaps, later powdercoated black and ran no hubcaps with bullet nuts

10412 234.jpg

• Like 5

Tuning time

I went to Tauranga in it a few weeks ago and I figured out the fuel consumption at 15.6l/100km.

Which is a bit dumb. It hasn't bothered me in the past but since gas is getting spendy I think there's no point wasting it. 

I've suspected it was a bit on the rich side as its never needed a choke and it runs good when it's cold. I put a wide band on it and it was a bit all over the place but averaged 13.5-14 afr when sitting at 100kph.  

Did some googling on tuning edelbrock carbs and found this

images.png

• Like 2

Ended up at position 11 on the chart, tried 10 but that had a part throttle hesitation.  11 is a smaller (.083 instead of .086) jet and the standard rods. 

Put the wide band on today and went for a drive,  seems pretty good, runs well, cruise afr is mid to high 15 now. 

Also put a bigger needle and seat in while the carb was apart, I suspect it has a fuel flow issue which only ever happens at the drags so I'll see if that helps

• Like 7