Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy fuck guys really! I just spent what must be close to 3 hours reading this stupid thread, multiple times laughed my arse off. AND THE FUCKING THING STILL HAS A SILVER ROOF!!! I MEAN COME ON RED OR BLACK WHO FUCKING CARES, SOMEONE JUST PAINT THE BASTARD!

welcome to daves world my friend,

i think dave now needs a turbo or a blower otherwise he's going to turn up at a trackday and

my standard vn from the 80's sans roofracks surfboards and a bootload of someone elses kids

is going to make a mockery of him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harden up! I sprayed my roof black in about 45 minutes. Average job (though I haven't buffed it or anything yet), but my top was blue and my car is green... Bit too Nandor Tanchos for me so I sorted it quick smart. Can't go wrong with a can of repco paint and a bit of patience.

Harden up! I sprayed my roof black in about 45 minutes. Average job (though I haven't buffed it or anything yet), but my top was blue and my car is green... Bit too Nandor Tanchos for me so I sorted it quick smart. Can't go wrong with a can of repco paint and a bit of patience.

well, in all honesty, yes you can.

rattle-canning a car is not the way to go. While it may have some "sweet dope" factor, there is a better way of doing things.

FWIW was just quoted $350 to have bonnet completely re-done (due to stone chips) along with some touchups around the windows, rear bumper etc from a panel beater. Car is going to look sweet once it's done, just a shame we have to sell it (missues can't drive due to surgery).

These are queenstown prices. I doubt it will cost you more than $250 to get a good job done by a friendly panel beater.

DO EET.

i reacon we need to start a collection fund (not really) so that he has no excuse not to make it awesome! i think i remeber reading on like page 80 that someone said this thing had the potential to be cool, slam it, stretch tyres, spacers and no roof cause its basically summer now anyway. Uber cool.