Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fo sho no flares, just roll and slam, looks mean. As for roof, for some reason I wanna say go red.

Also what size are those wheels and what they cost ya? (if ya dont mind me asking)

If you have rolled the lip in already, you may have to roll it back out, or just massage the guard out? Is amazing how far you can pull them out just by rolling and forcing them out, that should work on the rear, its the front that looks like it will be the mission, may have to flip lip out and shape/bog/paint.

how would you recomend lipping the guards?

I have already got that flit lip part rolled around, so need more pulling or whatever?

I vote for 195/45's all round they sit nice and flat on an 8inch rim so you shouldn't have to worry about the anty stretch police, as for flaring/rolling the guards you can use a base ball bat or even a peace of pipe, put it between the guard and the wheel and drive back and forward slowly till your happy with the shape. This should work fine with the back but you might be better off getting a panel beater to do the front for you.

Plus one for deletion of rear wing, if suggestions are being sought.

Looking good though, tyres look fine. I think addition of some negative camber on the front is on the money. It might just be uneven ground that the car was on when the photo was taken, but it almost appears as though they have slight positive camber?

Also. just rattle can the roof black in the mean time for max lols/if you take it into a GC panny, surely he'd do it for like 2hunny max.

I vote lose the rear wing too. Even if you do a whorey pull off and red tape over holes for the mean time like all the cool kids do.