Threaded sleeve for adjustable suspension options???

Gaz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

grub screws are there to stop the tubes moving when you try to crank the spring up a bit

there also there as some of the kits come with 'o-ring spacers' for smaller diam struts......do not use :rolleyes: just mae the tube wobble and fuck out

are the tubes a flush fit with your struts?

Yup very flush will need to hone the alloy out by .5 of a mm so will be a nice fit. So I'm guessing the grub screws will be no use for the above. Makes scenes cheers boe.

but I think there is a bit more to it that just cranking up the MIG.

can if you have a spool of silicone bronze wire

but then again hats just fancy soldering

or if you have $$$ can get them explosion welded on :D / buy steal ones in the correct size for your struts

grub screws are there to stop the tubes moving when you try to crank the spring up a bit

there also there as some of the kits come with 'o-ring spacers' for smaller diam struts......do not use :rolleyes: just mae the tube wobble and fuck out

Yup very flush will need to hone the alloy out by .5 of a mm so will be a nice fit. So I'm guessing the grub screws will be no use for the above. Makes scenes cheers boe.

also if you want some more of those lock nuts for added peice of mind (i only saw one on each tube) i have 4 in the garage thread should be the same

but I think there is a bit more to it that just cranking up the MIG.

can if you have a spool of silicone bronze wire

but then again hats just fancy soldering

or if you have $$$ can get them explosion welded on :D / buy steal ones in the correct size for your struts

well no point pilfering the wrong ones now is there

also if you want some more of those lock nuts for added peice of mind (i only saw one on each tube) i have 4 in the garage thread should be the same

YUP YUP YUP way keen! PM me what ya want for them etc!

Was just wondering how the hell i was going to find some.

Would you trust 3/4 of the weight of your car on eight grub screws?

HAHA no not at all!

Gaz said you tig them on

Summit Engineering in Rotorua welded my last set up. They are alloy.

I thought Johhny would be able to do it in Welly, this is who I was meaning for Chris to get them done by. Jase?

Gaz

Would you trust 3/4 of the weight of your car on eight grub screws?

HAHA no not at all!

Gaz said you tig them on

Summit Engineering in Rotorua welded my last set up. They are alloy.

I thought Johhny would be able to do it in Welly, this is who I was meaning for Chris to get them done by. Jase?

Gaz

are you sure they were 'welded' as steel to alloy welding is more expensive than micheal jacksons left testicle

could they have been press fitted onto a perch?

just dont want anybody to attempt this them selves and have there shocks collapse (and then die a horrible painfull firery death) :D