Threaded sleeve for adjustable suspension options???

Gaz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have kind of offered them to Gaz first but if he doesn't really need them does $80 including the alloy lock nuts, platform nuts and spring top caps including postage seem fair?

If gazza isnt keen im down like james brown

Hey Gaz have u seen these mayb these might help u kinda read through the forum got dislexic and gave up but im thinking ov using these for my cortina.www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-227089925.htm

Hey Gaz have u seen these mayb these might help u kinda read through the forum got dislexic and gave up but im thinking ov using these for my cortina.www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-227089925.htm

cheaper to buy the ones from george stocks = $170 for whats in that auction

you wil also need top spring retainers which are $110 per pair

(retail)

I have kind of offered them to Gaz first but if he doesn't really need them does $80 including the alloy lock nuts, platform nuts and spring top caps including postage seem fair?

If gazza isnt keen im down like james brown

Gaz is cool with it.

PM me your address biartch

I have just received this box of goodies :P

dsc03217c.jpg

I'm not sure what any of the spring rates are nor was the seller.

They feel quite stiff, perhaps you may be interested in them Mr UJ?

They are 2.5" ID

My question is do they come in standardized lengths with different spring rates?

So that i could just buy some softer ones that are the same length etc and not have to worry about the threaded tube being in the incorrect location.

1) The rates can be roughly calculated by the diameter of the steel and the number of coils.

2) There are many 'standard' lenghts

3) Those threaded tubes look anodised. You certain they are not alloy and therefore unweldable to a mild steel strut?

4) Thanks for the kind thought mate but I have all the springs I need :D

Pass. Sorry, I don't know what is legal.

Alloy can be welded to steel (as in a Cragar rim) but I think there is a bit more to it that just cranking up the MIG. Alloy tube adjustable platforms seem to be more often used over a shock absorber and with a circlip retaining the tubes vertically.

Perhaps a perch (as above) is the normal method. I dunno.

Would you trust 3/4 of the weight of your car on eight grub screws?