Phr34krs scimitar

phr34kr

I have 3 sets of doors and one spare quarter light and frame (however i can't remember what side) so i'm sure we could sort something out, . for the bumpers i have one set in good enough condition to be presentable after a quick polish, although I did consider running with black bumpers before i had my decent set. For lowering there are several options, adjustable platform coil-overs are what a lot of the guys in the UK use, or you can do some swapping around of the lower wishbones (never seen this done but there is a write up on the net somewhere about it, basically involves swapping parts from left-right and upside down) to drop it a little in the front, the way i have seen in person is to make up spacer plates that space the shock mount lower on the bottom wishbone and to take the upper wishbone bracket that bolts to the uprights, and bolt the bottom 2 bolts in the top 2 holes and create new top mounting holes for the bracket - this will get the tyre right up in the guard. For the rear, either shorter shocks and springs or get the welder out and lower the shock mounting position on the diff, be careful though as if you go quite low in the rear you may need to make a plate up that bolts to the diff and has a lower set of mounting holes for the watts linkage, not too hard to do but just something to be mindful of.

-oh, where are you located?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thats wicked Man!

located in Wgtn, hoping to move to Ak.

Thanks heaps for helping me too in regards to the NDV, I need the r/h side.

Good that you have scored presentable bumpers 8) I think I will have to paint mine black,although the entire car I will probably paint black, as its white now.

I come up to Hamilton now and again, so could meet in AK sometime in the future, or whatever.

Also need a new w/screen as mine has delaminated, ... like they make them brand new in the UK for 75 pounds, but freight again makes them a stupid price in NZ. So have to wait till I can find a job for that, as they make heated ones too.

I will start putting photos on, as I like I say you have inspired me, have just got this car recently.

Have got some real nice 14inch mag wheels to fit, which I brought ages a go, for my Triumph 2000

Have seen some Ward ones on TradeMe for in AK, I think are very nice too

It looks like repairing the glass fibre is an art and takes heaps of skill and time.

My car has a few cracks and is quite rough, and has been sanded a bit foo by someone who didnt know what they were doing.

Like they say the prep is everything, but more so with fibreglass.

I want to do this but also rip into the areas where you suggest, as the roof lining on my car is rubbish, the car doesnt look to bad, and I have her undercover with plastic taupalin at night, so have to make the most of good days

This has been a great read for me too

http://www.donkennedy.madasafish.com/Sc ... ookfor.htm

http://www.donkennedy.madasafish.com/Sc ... tParts.htm

Top tips from this site are great... I want to do the gauze mod...

http://www.scimitarcars.org.uk/toptips.htm

Essex tuning

http://www.tubetvr.com/essex.html

Cheers and Thanks ever so much for all the diagrams and detailed sharing information. Hope to meet you sometime in the near future.

Was hoping you were still around and into your Scimitar as been a bit quiet on this page, GTE's rock :salute:

You dont see these around hardly :shock:

• 1 month later...

I know of one of these coming up in an estate sale in Wellington - its been sitting round for years and is most likely a bit fucked but it does have a brand new windscreen in a box and maybe a few good parts you could score off it. Reg may be on hold too.. would you like me to register interest for you??

Se5 or 5a? the 5's (earlier models) are much more a hand crafted car and differ with separate reversing lights, recessed door cards and less plasticy dash's (read awesome dashes with toggle switches)

like this:

ScimAsh4.jpg

I would definitely be interested in getting some photos and some more details. If the paint is somewhat reasonable i would be super keen. Already have 1 NOS windscreen but hey another wouldn't hurt. I'm hoarding way too much of these things :P .

as for if its a bit fucked - still interested i have about 2 of everything now.

• 1 year later...
Guest phr34kr

Yea, mine will hopefully look a lot meaner once its gunmetal, Not sure if i would want to daily it however. For now its a dryish weather car, but im on the hunt for some new windscreen, door, rear hatch seals etc to hopefully make it a little more weather tight.

Guest phr34kr

Only sprayed it from spray cans ATM. I have brought 3.8ltrs of it but they guy is waiting on the special thinners that the distributor recommends. I should get it soon and be able to spray it during Easter. Surprisingly good results/consistency from the cans though, easier to get uniform coverage compared to your standard matte black spray bomb. Texture it quite fine. Spray cans are super expensive though @ $34 ea.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yetchh

Hey bro, just reading through your build thread and noticed the white tent you have the scimitar in.. where did you get it? It looks to be of a far better design than those 3x6 tent/marquees on trademe.. my zephyrs getting a pounding outside and one these would be perfect..

Guest phr34kr

I think i paid ~$600 for mine and it has been more than worth it, been up for must be 3 years now with no signs of going anywhere, they have a steel box section lower frame that gets bolted down to the supplied auger screws that are screwed into the ground. and the cover is stretched over the frame by ~8 ratchet tie downs. would be even more sturdy if it was dyna bolted onto a concrete slab.