Phr34krs scimitar

phr34kr

Keep the 3ltr Essex or transplant a more powerful engine?

ATM i am more thinking of just getting rid of the Essex and get a more modern/powerful engine with a new gearbox.

Any advice as to what might be a good option?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea thinking about it i might just keep the v6 and get it back on the road sooner, i think it may also have a performance cam in it. another thing is i cant be bothered messing around trying to fit better brakes to it at this point (with i would probably need if i added much more power to it)

I'd leave it be - my pas one was basically standard and pulled like a schoolboy. All torque tho, no top end. If yours has been worked it should go alright.

Make sure you have the awesomest/multiple earth connections when you relocate the battery, these are well known for burning the front of the car off because of dodgy earths.

Yea i will the electrics really are a nightmare. going to take EVERYTHING out and start over. I am going to make up as many new earth straps as i can to make sure i get no voltage drop of fires etc, the fuse box on it has already been a little melted. At least if i rewire it myself i can make a nice clean job of it and get rid of all the random switches and relays that have been added over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea i have been doing that but its mostly just that i cant access the other end of the bolt to actually get it un-done (why i was trying to get the tank out). might just cut them off and buy new ones for the tow bar its more the domed chrome ones for the bumpers im worried about, Anywhere where you can buy them new? (the square holes in the bumper have been rounded out by a previous owner)

• 3 weeks later...