Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when the old owner had this thing, said he'd spent $22k on it.

Used to do sick burnouts when leaving his drive way.

He also had an AE101 wagon lowered on 17s.

Really? It was fairly std/half assed when I got it, unsure how that much money would have been spent on it? Sure its the same car?

Really? It was fairly std/half assed when I got it, unsure how that much money would have been spent on it? Sure its the same car?

Yup, 100%

Guy was like a computer nerd douche IIRC, toyspade fanboy or something?

Can't remember but that's how much he sai he'd spent on it when I use to deliver the news paper to him in my early teens.

His mate and an AE8* as well, with a silvertop in it, they used to wank on about how fast it was etc.

Then my brother picked me up in his stock GTST and they creamed. (Circa 2001, when they were still expensive)

Hot rpm on southern motorway and doorting past that other 86 was so awesome. Hah that was heaps of years ago now.

Ahhh the memories.

Yup, 100%

Guy was like a computer nerd douche IIRC, toyspade fanboy or something?

Can't remember but that's how much he sai he'd spent on it when I use to deliver the news paper to him in my early teens.

His mate and an AE8* as well, with a silvertop in it, they used to wank on about how fast it was etc.

Then my brother picked me up in his stock GTST and they creamed. (Circa 2001, when they were still expensive)

Well i'll be. Maybe someone raped all the goodies off it at some point, because it didnt seem to have had much spent on it when I got it. Someone on here (maybe you?) was telling me how they knew an old owner of the car, and that he was an older chap, is this the same guy?

• 2 weeks later...

Shit yes, it's been such a huge whore of a thing. And by carbon you mean wood grain wrap?

It's a pain, because I cant really take it out if it looks like it's going to rain, or leave it anywhere with no sunroof.

Have been for a few dorts in it tho, and it's going well. Even set all the shocks to old man spec and got it riding a bit better on the road. Needs a wheel alignment or something tho, new wheels (guessing offset or shit tyre related) have made it super skittish/i'm getting old.

Cant wait for LSD and new semi's!

• Like 1