Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

got some old 205 50 15 and 205 55 15's you can try stretch on there , there is a pile of them around the back of the house.

Chur, I may have to borrow one of the 50's off you when you're back.

BTW, has anyone gone throught the cert process recently with under sized tyres on?

A friend of mine just got a cert for his te71 with cronic tire stretch.

This has a wof and is dailyed

221677_1779382363459_1206391778_31662457_3238142_n.jpg

Tires fitted arnt what he went through cert with. He had Work 01's 14 x 7.5 with 175s i believe

That is good to know, its the only thing that worries me a bit, the whole legal side of it/will it void my insurance. Its insured as a hot rod anyways, they dont really seem to care what mods it has, lols.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, has anyone gone throught the cert process recently with under sized tyres on?

Jordan aka nanarei is going though this now, got the ok to run 195/45's on 15x8.5''

As long as you get a letter from the tyre manufacturer saying that its safe it sounds like there pretty ok with it from what I hear.

OK, I just rang and talked to the top dog at YHI (who are the biggest importer of tyres in NZ) and he said he finds it very, very hard to believe that any tyre manufacturer would supply a letter ok'ing tyre stretch on any of their products outside of what they recommend in their literature, i.e. minimum for a 9" rim is a 235 width tyre.

Balls.

• 1 month later...