Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

Mean, I fully thought you already had a thread up here. ah well, I can attest to the fact that this thing goes fucken well, It pulls past the 8000rpm on the tacho and into the temperature/oil pressure guage :lol: you know its badass when you are doing hot rpm.

EDIT: my title makes little sense but im sure people will figure it out lol

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. Yeh rust in it was very well hidden, under a lot of bog mainly, prolly not super bad by some ppl standards, but I wasnt pleased. Got next friday arvo off to take it round some panel beaters and price up getting it taken out and a full respray.

Im not sure if air intake makes a big diff or not, induction noise is like 70% quieter, so sounds like its less grunty, but quads and shit are a lot colder, and filter surface area is way bigger now, so should be making a difference.

thats some serious ponies from a wee engine. :shock: top effort. are you puttin some flares on before panel and paint?

Nah, im just gonna get the guards rolled and one day space the wheels out a bit more. Im a fan of the clean simple

look.

nice setup. pretty impressive power too, what was the difference between your old and new motor?

Old motor had same head (just not ported/polished or 3 angle grind) with a shaved blue top block with std internals, also had std injectors, no quads, and had shit headers with 2 inch exhaust. Also had diff fly wheel, and a real early link.

yea what dyno dude?

Was done at Dr Repower in TGA both times, their dyno is a bit happy, but I wanted to see the gain in power with the new gear, so went back there.

ahh. i was getting a little depressed there for awhile. i maxed out the stock injectors ages ago and only made 105kw.

pretty impressive gains anyway even if the dyno reads a little high. any ideas what cams are in there?

What shocks did your old struts have in them? Looks like the big shaft bilsteins?

Yeh, they were, friggin hard ride tho, way to hard for road.

ahh. i was getting a little depressed there for awhile. i maxed out the stock injectors ages ago and only made 105kw.

pretty impressive gains anyway even if the dyno reads a little high. any ideas what cams are in there?

Haha, yeh, i'd be interested to know how much higher that dyno reads then others. And the cams were custom ground for a street stock (I think thats the class it was?) I brought an ae86 stock car to get motor/box/diff/link/struts n shit for a starlet I was building, dude that built stock car said kelford did them, but they have no markings on them, so rang kelford's and chap said they would have been done a long time ago if they had no marks, would have been a build up and regrind. Was told they where pretty hot, stock car sounded like a rotary, but I think that was due to huge over lap set on cam gears. So yeh, have no idea what they are :rolleyes:

damn 5g is alot, is there even much rust and dents?? putting out pretty damn good power for n/a. will you be taking this to the winter drags?? i'll be keen for a race if you are :wink:

Not many dents, but a fair bit of rust in cunty places. A drag you say? haha, Id get well and truely fucked over, what about a race up a windy mountain pass?