the zorst thread

bubblegoose

I cant find the page where it mentions it now, but the TODA racing website somewhere mentions that although a 4-1 setup gives marginally more top end, with a good 4-2-1 they were losing say... 1% top end but gaining crap loads of mid range and low end power.

They show pipe diameters etc for Altezza 3S extractors here:

http://www.toda-racing.co.jp/en/product ... i/3sg.html

Presumably inside diameter for piping.

toda stuff seems to run pretty big primary's & secondaries, if those measurements are id. the 4age and b16 etc have same measurements on them as well. im only running 38.1 stainless on mine which is about 35-36mm id. thats alot more area

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if I ever have a go at making an exhaust manifold I'll likely mostly try to copy the TODA design/lengths/diameters/etc

I could get a close enough idea by scale measuring in autocad, from known measurements on the pic (hole to hole on the flange) to find out if that's OD or ID, and get ballpark figure for primary and secondary lengths but CBF right now haha.

Either way, it's interesting that it retains what looks to be about the equivilent overal length compared to standard, but much longer primaries and much shorter secondaries...

i heard from a source (reliable im not sure) that 4-1 are better tbh id rock 4-1 because they look better.

i also learnt the with x pipes (for 6's and 8's) that a 20 cent hole is better then cutting the whole lot out .. turbulence issues im gonna have a stab at