Carb Mounts

NewGuy

My Dellorto Carb mounts which are just plactic cups that hold a O ring either Side.

Anyhow mine are fucked the plastic has split which got in the way of the butterfly and i lost full throttle and broken my link that is made to break if there is to much stress, it also runs like a bag of shit and idles wherever it wants and now floods the carbs.

Where do i buy some Good carb mounts, and what should i pay?

What have you used and what a difference has it made?

Cheers Stew

Thanks Unc

Gave him a call all of his stock has just been soldto a company in CHCH

The contact there is Simon, His number is 03 3389151.

He said they are $30 each, and they are good shit etc made it sweden?

Anyhow i'll give him a buzz tomorrow as the stock was just put on the courier this morning.

Werid that eh??

You use em?

Cheers Stew

when you said "plactic cups that hold a O ring either Side"

This would lead me to beleave it's a factory type manifold running 2x dellorto carbs

I could be wrong.

If it's single carb the soft mount kit should be just the thing.

But if it's duel carbs the soft mount type is normaly a last resort.

They allow to much movement between the the manifold and carb making your ballencing between the carbs to keep going out.

Thats why they use only a small o'ring on the origonal type to keep this to a minimum.

I had this problem myself when i couldn't get the plastic cups anymore so ended up making a brace to make the two carbs rigged to each other too keep synchronising in check. This does tend to lend to premature spindal wear as it's near on imposable to get the two carbs lined up perfectly. A flexy carb spindal linkage of a hillman avenger GLS was good to eliminate this.

Getting some one to spin up some new plastic cups on a lathe is normaly the best bet.

when you said "plactic cups that hold a O ring either Side"

This would lead me to beleave it's a factory type manifold running 2x dellorto carbs

I could be wrong.

If it's single carb the soft mount kit should be just the thing.

But if it's duel carbs the soft mount type is normaly a last resort.

They allow to much movement between the the manifold and carb making your ballencing between the carbs to keep going out.

Thats why they use only a small o'ring on the origonal type to keep this to a minimum.

I had this problem myself when i couldn't get the plastic cups anymore so ended up making a brace to make the two carbs rigged to each other too keep synchronising in check. This does tend to lend to premature spindal wear as it's near on imposable to get the two carbs lined up perfectly. A flexy carb spindal linkage of a hillman avenger GLS was good to eliminate this.

Getting some one to spin up some new plastic cups on a lathe is normaly the best bet.

After market Manifold running the Twins.

I can see the two Softmounts helping alot, as no the shitty plastic ones after about 6 months of use have fuked out. Everyone i speak to with twins say the softmounts are worth every penny, and have stopped balancing and airleaks/ flooding.

I will most likly just use the mount between the Carb and the Manifold if i have any balancing problems and just tighten the carbs up really tight.

Should get them tomorrow so ill fit them tmz night

• 3 weeks later...