Simon's 1983 ST140 Corona coupe.

Simon

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a picture of this car from when I was up in Palmy last year for swap-meat. Probably before your ownership? Also, space the front guard out to fit new reyum may well look choice. Do it.

Yeah, i was watching it then too haha. Found it on the side of the road in Ashhurst with for sale sign. Post pics?

narrow as, fairly boring mesh

Yeah, Same with the AW11. Not worth trying to make honey out of dog shit.

Insert 3sgte / red wheels.

Now you are going to try forever to get it looking that awesome IRL :lol:

haha I thought the same. Im not worried about getting the rear low enough. Its the front and the 100mm clearance thing that worries me.

1001784w.jpg

Heres my welcome to the stretched tyre club. I think it was a bit low on pressure so the turn in test killed it. Small hole in tube so will patch with bicycle patch.

1001775.jpg

just get a freaking cert/who cares. 100mm is hugely gay

Is a cert cheaper if he doesnt have to check over everything like an engine conversion? Cos just checking the suspension would be like a 10 min job.

If not, might as well do a conversion.

Theres that voice in my head again... STFU voice, i cant afford a BEAMS.

Fuck those shocks are short. What are they from?

I think they are from front of a b1600 ute.

Just get a cert for the suspension. It's a piece of cake unless you're doing something dodgey :rolleyes:

Everyone makes a big deal about them but the only gay thing about certs is paying for them, and if you want to be low (you do) and drive it on the street then it's money well invested.

edit: yes you pay a bit more for engine conversions etc aswell. would be cheaper to just cert suspension. any markings/numbers on those shocks?

Am in two minds about this.

Do i slam it shitless now and pay for suspension cert or,

Take it to about 100mm and then do this to make a full cert worth it?

104597925_full.jpg

Cos for 1300ish you can get a motor, box, ecu and wires. Cheap.

Would keep it auto spec for traffic light burn outs and cheapness and give me time to polish wheels to mirrors.

I think a 1u would be no harder than most other conversions and would pretty much rule face with straight pipes cut through sills? Father is an auto sparky.

Will see how much money is left over from AW11...

[/dream]

• 2 weeks later...