Tortrons GN

tortron

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine runs fine

Plenty of online discussion for you to read, but small increase in displacement seems to either need no change or a smaller main jet. Tbh I don't know if that's true in my case, so I'm Gona watch it for a bit.

WOT run gave a nice digestive biscuit brown plug, but I'll keep an eye on it. Have a couple wideband kits here i may poke up the exhaust

I don't facebork but I'd imagine they also drilled holes in the air box for more dorts?

• Like 3

It did, and it still does until the plug fouls. Did a bunch of miles over the last 4 days and of course it fails on my day back to work.

Heaps of compression, just the oil decided to vacate all of a sudden.

Interested to see what the rings look like, I don't think I goofed them up, possibly just a QA issue but balls I really didnt want to pull it back down and go to eastcape on a 125

• Like 3

Dose it have a 3 piece oil ring? Sometimes if you overlap that springy one problems can arise, Did you check the end gap to? going up the Bombay's might have not been a good idea till you had put a 100 kms or so on.

I guess your warranty is vold now

Widebands on single cylinders are balls at part throttle in my opinion.  I tried using one on my DRZ and found you only need a tiny bit of flow reversion between exhaust pulses to make the reading do all kinds of silly shit.  Worked well at full brap tho.  Your weld-in bung should help a lot.

Be very interested to have a GN battle on the Urewera trip if you're still going.