Tortrons GN

tortron

really wasnt planning on getting another 250 - but breaking my 1st bike just before i could sit my full means i now own this

88088878_full.jpg

88088833_full.jpg

88088856_full.jpg

88088798_full.jpg

88088738_full.jpg

83 GN250

Original model so - no rev counter + Drums front and back

Starts first pop every time - barely needs the starter to be pressed even

new muffler and alternator/chargerdealie that bikes have

black

chrome

no speed demon - cruised home at 100 (tho was passing eveything so i think the speedo may stick at 100)

runs on 0 gas

future mods - nothing

just keep her tidy - has the usual dodgy chrome but its not too bad

may slam a ram tube on the carb for lols

Bike will be for sale in a couple months

• Like 1

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah A Go Nowhere 250. My first roadbike also. Fantastic little bikes, dont like being revved to hard or they have a tendency to drop valves. Mine was the same as yours 83 drum brake jobbie. Tip, one tooth on the front sprocket makes quite a bit of difference to your top end speed, mine would do the ton if revved hard enough but cruise 120-30 quite nice,

yea i would look at diff sprockets if i were to need some

but i plan on sitting full asap - before wof runs out - get tight as naked bike - make it look like crap

funny thing i noticed riding back to hamilton

people get out of my way quite promptly - never happened on the vt

i assume some hairy cunt in leathers on a "chopper" carries more respspect than a sports bike rider/im gona jab you with a broken spark plug

these bikes are just so cheap. I'm currently looking at getting a learner bike. Good to learn on? I have ridden bikes before and have pretty good balance etc... was thinking of something a bit sportier but prices for 250's etc are through the roof. Also looked at fxr's.

GN's look ok and I imagine they are fast enough to still have a bit of fun on? or nah?

i recon the vt250s are mint learners bikes

great handling and smooth power - will see a ton on them too

GN's - basicly i got this one as it was cheap as - can get a new one for under $5000

noticed it gets a bit front divey when you brake - would bug the shit outta me if i hadnt ridden before

but yea id say its a great learners bike - pretty bullet proof (when as mackas said you dont rev them too much) and parts are pretty easy and cheap to come by

fast enough? yea/na

good for around town and commutes - but lacks the get up and go for passing on the open road (can still pass - just dont expect to do it in a hurry).

Tho obviously - if you were wanting something fast you would bet soemthing bigger

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

things i have done whilst owning the gn

ran out of fuel - turns out you turn it the opposite way to what im used to :lol:

snapped clutch cable

broke engine

new engine

lost all but 1.5 of the rear sprocket bolts :|

one of the chain adjusters decided to go banana shaped

took for wof - failed on leaky forkseals and soft front suspension (were pretty empty :lol: )

replaced those and got wof

clutch slipping (figured thats why the engine i got was cheap/meh have spares)

exciting :lol: cant really beat the petrol bill tho

• 1 month later...
A GN 250 is the single worstest bike I have ever ridden, when you get on the gas nothing happens, when you get on the brakes nothing happens, when you lean it into corners it falls over and all the while your riding it's rusting or falling to pieces.

i thought this was funny

currently getting 100mile to 8 litres

A GN 250 is the single worstest bike I have ever ridden, when you get on the gas nothing happens, when you get on the brakes nothing happens, when you lean it into corners it falls over and all the while your riding it's rusting or falling to pieces.

i thought this was funny

currently getting 100mile to 8 litres

wtf thats terrible! like 5L/100km

• 3 weeks later...