Tortrons GN

tortron

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_20201117_150844.thumb.jpg.6339fc82e67cd833a12ea3ccb9aa72b9.jpg

Wired it up, Deutsche connector for the tail light and ran the plate light out of the new loom.

I heatgunned a bit of gn250 splash shield to fit in that gap. It's a bit rough and ready, but will do for now

IMG_20201117_150852.thumb.jpg.2c9a3e7123dfe1da17a153db3bd0285b.jpg

Came up good. Will paint the guard at some point I guess. Led bulb is crap so will put in an incandescent one for now

• Like 2

My low beam has been blown for a while, since last east coast I think lol

So instead of fixing that I put in an extra bright led park light

IMG_20201117_183707.thumb.jpg.b877501e8ff3559d45f0a2112bdec538.jpg

This is the tail light

IMG_20201117_183719.thumb.jpg.b4a0bb16d120900a86e0f5b37c2e623c.jpg

It only gets barely noticeability brighter when the brake is on (it's very visible with no lens, so I dunno, what do you expect for $2 I guess) so will put a different bulb in later this week. (It's wired correctly I checked with the other lamps bulb, that's too big to fit under the lens)

Also number plate light hanging off in the breeze, and big reflector on a little bracket I rivited onto the guard because don't have to worry about the chrome.

@MopedNZ i think I have some little round reflectors in a box in the boot of one of the Morrie's, I'll dig in later and be sure

• Like 1

Did this

IMG_20201118_111958.thumb.jpg.090a9ba20019d5a47fd49ca5a0069d36.jpg

I'm ok with it, for now anyways. Running out of motivation for making stuff, so went the git er dun approach, so I can go ride it and get some miles of smiles.

Probably need 2 plate lights, but ehh it's good enough for the near zero night riding. Just on a slotted bracket.

Now next time I feel like an hour or so of work I'll go through and do each little bracket as a little job, and every one wins

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching various motorcycle touring/adv content. They all complain about how tiring it is to pick up your bike, and that in turn makes you more likely to drop your bike again.

Mate just ride a sub 100kg bike.

unfortunately it wont be as 'light' as my touring bike which i could shoulder fully loaded across rivers and up staircases, but will be close lol

• Like 6

12 hours ago, tortron said:

Watching various motorcycle touring/adv content. They all complain about how tiring it is to pick up your bike, and that in turn makes you more likely to drop your bike again.

Mate just ride a sub 100kg bike.

unfortunately it wont be as 'light' as my touring bike which i could shoulder fully loaded across rivers and up staircases, but will be close lol

Have you watched this guys stuff? Pretty cool.

https://c90adventures.co.uk/