Tortrons GN

tortron

No, i dont think theres any matching of these pistons to the barrels out of china (first one i gotdid the same thing you may remember)

piston did move freely (i put it in the barrel beforeadding rings or anything to see if the cylinder was going to be too big after i dingle honed it)

when i get a cylinder overbored il take the piston in with it, but never bothered with these 150 kits, tbh i dont think any one in the history of these kits has had them go to a machinist

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does a gn250 drive train fit into this? Most people would give a nut to have a big block engine that bolts in- if it's that easy for you then I say you'd be silly not to. Might not be as much Internet points as modifying the 125 but you won't care once on the road and literally doing hunnits everywhere. 

is there another way?

im riding it around the country roads varying the load and revs. I dont think its excessive WOT

*generally il warm it up on the stand once its back together till engine is at operating temp

then il go ride it for 5 mins and let it cool again

Then il go ride it in the country for 15 mins

Do a WOT 0-100 run

let it cool

Ride home 15 mins

Today was just a casual ride after all that. Wiseco says its ok so i dont think im too far off

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tortron said:

maybe im doing it wrong, but the previous 10 mins of that ride were 60-80 up and down hills, and i was backing it off to stay at 100

they need over 100 kms to run in before you pull rpm like that unless you have given it extra piston to bore clearance and even then holding a stock GN125 on RPM like that is bound to fuck it

9 hours ago, SOHC said:

they need over 100 kms to run in before you pull rpm like that unless you have given it extra piston to bore clearance and even then holding a stock GN125 on RPM like that is bound to fuck it

How does break in for 100km prevent these issues?  Are you saying pistons and bores wear a measurable amount? Genuine question.

im not disagreeing that the bore should be sized to the piston

an extended break in might help a piston thats only just over sized, but i feel that unless you know the point at which the piston just starts to expand and then switch it off its not going to work eh

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

We are totally on the same page. I just trying to figure out sohc's logic 

The final mechineng proses happens in the 1st few hundred kms of a new engine, you must keep rpm and load down,  I have seen a few times people go nuts on a new engine and damage them, read the book that comes with a new bike,