Tortrons GN

tortron

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, UTERUS said:

I found that as long as you were up in rpm that you could check part throttle afr without reversion issues. 

Yeah i guess part throttle low RPM doesnt really need dialing in on a GN since;

1) Its not fuel injected.

2) It wont be moving.

So en150s run the same carb and a 115 main jet

I could have sworn I saw 115 on the GN manual, but it's a 110 on second look and on opening it up it's a 110

Big hill must have been just enough to lean it out

Have some jets. Will have to try a 120 as I got sent two 105s and no 115s

Will check with O2 sensor and can move the needle between 3 notches. See how she goes

So

New "genuine" rings in. Looks better than the last set.

One was near touching in the bore so filed it open a bit. No data on that in the manual but around  0.2 mm was the maths. Max gap is 0.5mm in the manual

120# main jet in

As suspected its rich.

About 12.9-13.2 at idle. 

About that again at very part throttle

High rpm cruise about 11.4

WOT 10.2-10.9

So a #115 is likely the correct one

• Like 4

I scrounged up a #115 jet and went for a tootle around the back roads of East South Auckland.

It's an improvement. It's now on the rich side of a good tune throughout the throttle range. Splitting the difference at #112.5 if there is such a thing may be spot on till I get some altitude under me I guess. It is kinda warm today though too. Am I going to become one of those 2 lane blacktop guys, probably not, but the wideband can stay in for a while and the jets can stay in my pocket.

So far so good

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted the DR200 header pipe to fit.

Flange end needed to be sanded down about 1mm dia.

IMG_20191206_201154.thumb.jpg.264b4054470cd9ede10b01f008fa79e2.jpg

Have to remove tool box from GN. But otherwise it goes on with no issues.

Would recommend offsetting the regulator a bit to avoid the heat and perhaps some reflective foil under the battery box.

IMG_20191206_201207.thumb.jpg.ca04c7e1059a0421cdd9ea383f8e8dcf.jpg

Header pipe ends just under the battery. Not sure what to do about a muffler and how to route it where it's not going to be in the way of panniers/pillions. May have to just make one up to fit in the allocated spot

I suspect it will free up some power. The standard pipe appears to be dual layer from the head to the muffler so is smaller than it looks. For noise maybe?

• Like 2

"Can't" find decent adventure tyres for a 16" rim

Looked at a new spoke rear but kinda expensive with postage.

Suzuki parts bin comes through

IMG_20191207_151040.thumb.jpg.6e4893234d59cfa26ea54fc3c8f10c00.jpg

I picked up a front and rear gt200 wheel. Both are 18" as was the style of the day, both kinda narrow, but I think I can run a 3.00 tyre on the rear no issues. Some of those cafe racer GN things are running 4.00s but I don't see anyone commenting on how they ride. They don't go fast enough to be an issue I guess. Should look better with something bigger than the pizza cutter on the rear now. Rim is narrower than I would like, but such is the budget

Will probably go with a shinko rear, I don't see any heidenaus in the right size any more. Will see how the gearing goes, I was considering a new sprocket, this should gear it up a bit. Probably ok with just me on it, maybe not ok with it heavy.

• Like 7